Dive Plans for this weekend--20th/21st?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So what are everyone's plans for this weekend? I'm itching to get back in the water--yes, I'm ready to brave the chilly waters.... :cheeky:
It's been a wild couple of weeks for me--possibly changing jobs/renegotiating my current job and I'm ready to forget all about the working world for a while. Aaaack!

Mike/Jenny--shore dives? I'm always happy to offer salsa to the cause! (Just no sunrise dives for me....I haven't slept properly in days!)

Or anyone else up for a boat dive--WPB or Boynton?

Let's plan! :D

Hi, believe it or not, my brother in law (from Mississippi) and I (from Tallahassee) are coming to West Palm Beach this Thursday night to Dive Friday and Saturday. I have no idea of the Dive Ops in that area. You have any recomendations? Right now we're prob staying at the La Quinta Inn on Okeechobee Blvd (havent made res yet, might try Priceline first). Any help is much appreciated.....

Sounds nifty to me....what are your preferences? Smaller boat, etc? I usually tend to head just a hair south for boats, but I'm happy to do West Palm. The two boats I've been out on are the Narcosis (561-630-0606) and the Rampage (561-626-1003). The Rampage gets lots of voters here on the board if that's a help.
If you're definitely sure you want to stay in WP to dive, Okeechobee is actually a little south of where they all go out of. However, the area up there isn't necessarily the most.....favorable area :). And Okeechobee is closest to the "other things" to do/night life if that was your intention...... I don't know of a La Quinta on Okeechobee...there's plenty of similars right off 95 in general, though.
Feel free to e-mail me thoughts and maybe we can join up.

kristabeckwith@earthlink.net

There are 5 of us doing a wreck Sat. out of Boyton on the Logger head. I thinks theres room left.
If the wether holds we're going to do 2 night dives as well.
Fred

fgray1:
There are 5 of us doing a wreck Sat. out of Boyton on the Logger head. I thinks theres room left.
If the wether holds we're going to do 2 night dives as well.
Fred

Sounds like a great time! That is a great boat you are going out with. Hope the weather is perfect and you enjoy your night dives.

Keep me in mind when you plan another trip back into cave country.

I'm beaching all weekend - if not diving (shore or kayak) then soaking up sun on the sand or in the water. If only I had more tanks!

We have all become very depressed at the beach. Wind and surf have not stopped in toooo looonng. ENOUGH! Everything indoors is covered with sand & salt.

Greg (neighbor/diver) says that Saturday and Sunday should be great, however. I've come to rely on Greg rather than NOAA, and he's fairly confident. It's rough & tumble right now but should begin to lay down by Wednesday so that the weekend may be very clear and calm.

FYI the lots should be full all weekend because it's still "the season." If anybody wants to dive at Lauderdale by the Sea I suggest you use the Datura lots and, if they're full, then go park at the pier - there's a hole in the fence for beach access while the pier is being repaired, and it's cheaper than the meters. BUT call me when you know your plans! I can meet you on the beach or on the reef. Cell - 954 649 0666.

I'm so dry that I feel disoriented... giddy at the prospect of going under with nice conditions again. Let's dive!
KBeck:
So what are everyone's plans for this weekend?

I have a lot to do on Saturday but hows about 8:30 Sunday morning for a beach dive?
Mike can you call it if the weather or surf is bad? My cell is 954 465 3316. Looking forward to it.

I might be able to make it later on in the day...or early evening

Lets make it happen. I want to get a group shot anyways!

Oliver, I'm up for that! Let's make it so. I'll post it as a "trip" to make it clear.

Jenny, want to schedule something for later? I'm not budging from the beach all weekend except to go for fills lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom