Anyone know the dive conditions of LBTS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Egkid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm trying to do a shore dive once a month and knocked out BHB last month. Now I'm thinking LBTS, has anyone dove it recently? I didn't see it listed on the "Florida Dive Spots" thread but it looks pretty simple just find metered parking and swim out to the buoys just south of the pier right? I'm thinking about going Sunday/Monday but don't want to make the 4 hour drive if the surf is rough or the visibility is crap. I know it's been windy here in Tampa, but I'm not sure how conditions have been over there. Looks like rain tonight and tomorrow will that affect visibility tremendously? Also not sure if I'm even ready for another 4 hour drive lol

Randyg's post is great for current conditions
Google NOAA's marine conditions for that area to get week 6 day forecast.
Ideally you want a West wind

Ps
National Weather Service

Who the cap fit, let them wear it

Even if it is calm, it needs to have been calm for several days after a rough spell for the vis to clear up. it is tough to dive LBTS from Jan through May because of the frequent wind spells. If we get 2-3 days of calm weather, then it is worth a shot. You just have to watch the conditions every day and be ready to go right away once a calm spell has arrived and before the wind starts up again.

Steve over at Gold Coast Scuba is good for the daily report on LBTS. There are technically 3 spots. Hibiscus, Datura, and the El Prado Park. the park has the most spots.. the other two are limited on parking. Gold Coast also does meetups for the dives too if you don't have a buddy -- the full moon dives are great.
also windjammer i believe gives a dive package and of course then you won't have to worry about parking. nor food either... the restaurants right there are excellent!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom