REEF Lion Fish Derby, Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepRiser

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I live in Houston Texas but am going to Key Largo in September to participate in the Key Largo REEF Lion Fish Derby. I participated last year and am looking forward to doing so again. Here is the thing, my team and I fly in and therefore have to charter a boat so that we can go hunt the Lion Fish. Last year we took a private charter out of one of the dive shops in Key Largo and were a little unpleased with the results. The service was a little poor and we were just take to the common dive sites. While these sights were great to dive they had been cleared out of Lion Fish by all the dive leaders.

Does anyone have any suggestions on particular shops or individuals who can private charter 4 certified divers with at least one trip experience in Lion Fish hunting? Looking for someone who can take us out all day (of course getting us back for the celebration at the state park in the afternoon) and put us on the fish!

Thanks!

There are quit a few small six pack boats here in Key Largo that would be perfect for you. Bluwave, Sailfish, Q just to name a few. There used to be a thread on here that listed all of them but I haven't seen it for a while, you might do a search and pull it up...

Capt Scotty,

Thanks so much for the help. Do you know if any of these charters have a website, should I be able to find them just searching the name of the boat with Key largo or something on the end. Anyone you would recommend above the rest?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom