KEY LARGO dive report, friday, 5/22/15, pics,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
splendid day on the water; sunny skies, no wind, flat seas, picture perfect! shallow sites crowded @ MOLASSES REEF so elected for deep buoys M27 and M26. excellent blue water(reported all along the upper key's reefs today), visibility 60-80FT, mdt current, water temp 80-82F @ 40-92FT. finally a few eagle rays. timg provides the pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• dm1.jpg
    dm1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 61
  • dm2.jpg
    dm2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 55
  • dm3.jpg
    dm3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
  • dm4.jpg
    dm4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 64
  • dm5.jpg
    dm5.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 48
  • dm6.jpg
    dm6.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 44
  • dm7.jpg
    dm7.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 43
  • dm8.jpg
    dm8.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 44
  • dm9.jpg
    dm9.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 49
  • dm10.jpg
    dm10.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
  • dm11.jpg
    dm11.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 47
  • dm12.jpg
    dm12.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 46
  • dm13.jpg
    dm13.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 39
  • dm14.jpg
    dm14.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 44
  • dm15.jpg
    dm15.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 46
Awesome pics, I don't recall ever seeing the fish in pic #4 on the reef in KL.

Mike

image.jpgView attachment 208926
The queen was dynamic yesterday. 100' vis 84 degrees up top, 20' vis 71 degrees past 150'.
the schooling hammerheads visited us during deco... Great day on the water.

Awesome pics, I don't recall ever seeing the fish in pic #4 on the reef in KL.

Mike

indigo hamlets are rarely observed on the shallow reefs. however we uncommonly see them on the deeper reef tracts 45-90FT in the upper keys and the benwood wreck. my favorite tropical fish here, vibrant colors,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Thanks for the ID, I will have to keep a look out for it the next time I am down and diving on the Benwood. Easy to see why it would be a favorite, great looking fish. I am partial to the parrot fish (midnight), my wife thinks I have parrot fish ADD underwater due to all the pics I have from following them around the reefs.

Mike

Loved the pic of the two queen angels! The juv. rock beauty also has great composition. I'm impressed that you can get so many good photos from a single day of diving.

Loved the pic of the two queen angels! The juv. rock beauty also has great composition. I'm impressed that you can get so many good photos from a single day of diving.

Thank you Dave C. Usually, if the viz is less than 50', I use a 17-55mm lens. Great versatility, gives me lots of options for subjects of various sizes. Great lens for the Keys.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom