Going to Florida in Nov. a few questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seanluge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm going to the Keys to dive from the 9th till the 11th. Got my place booked and I'm just in contact with a couple dive shops trying to figure out who to go with. So a few questions.. I want to get some ganja, how difficult will it be to get some herbs while I'm down there. And will I be able to hitch hike to or from the dive shop back to my hotel? will anyone pick up a poor Canadian? Also is there any spearfishing around Key Largo?

You do know that it's still illegal in Florida right? You also put the person giving you a ride at real risk if you have it on you. Take it on the dive boat and you put the owners at risk of having their vessel seized. Any decent lodging will kick you out.

Key Largo has very little spearfishing as most dive sites are within the Sanctuary. Hunting is Islamorada & south.

All of these islands are long & thin so everything is spread out, not really walking distances. Doubt you'll be able to hitch rides. If you are not renting a car I recommend that you book your hotel through the dive shop so that they put you in the closest/adjacent hotel. There are shuttles to & from the MIA airport.

Jim Lapenta is correct.
I don't know how difficult it is to obtain pot, but it is illegal here.
All boats are USCG inspected and subject to seizure regardless of the person responsible for bringing it aboard. Additionally most Captains here are pretty intuitive and vigilant about allowing divers who have been using/imbibing into the water for the safety of that diver & all the others aboard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks dad

You came here for advice. You asked a question on a public forum that implies you want to violate the law. You know, you could be a little more discreet.

Thinking a bit more about this it occurs to me that many keys ops see this board. The op put himself and his picture on this thread. Wonder how many ops and captains would even be willing to take the chance of allowing him on their boat now? Personally if I had a vessel his profile pic would be on the wall with a warning about letting him on my boat. Just an observation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom