Some good diving locs/info in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LewisR

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the boards here, but have been browsing them for a few weeks.

Anyway I am thinking about doing some diving in the Keys sometime this summer and was looking for some good places to stay and some general information about what area are the best. It would be my son (15) and myself. Not alot of dives in yet but we have been to Bonaire and GCx2 so far. This time I was hoping to go a little cheaper than those 2 places. :D

Thanks
Lewis

Almost everywhere, and almost all operators, for the 90 mile stetch from Key West on up Hiway #1 thru Key Largo. Wouldn't bother with Key West.

For lots more information, look over hundreds of posts on the Florida forum, narrow your questions down, and get back to us there to help you out...

I don't know - I had a good experience doing my AOW with South Point Divers in Key West. The real question is whether your trip is primarily R&R or primarily diving. Farther north is better diving and more choices of operators. Key West is kind of like New Orleans meets Jimmy Buffett...

Umm maybe I am blind or something,,, but isent this the Fla forum? Ill look thru some of these posts to see what I can find.

As far as what I am looking for, probally a mix of diving and a little R@R cause I have a 15 yr old with me.

LewisR:
Umm maybe I am blind or something,,, but isent this the Fla forum? Ill look thru some of these posts to see what I can find.

As far as what I am looking for, probally a mix of diving and a little R@R cause I have a 15 yr old with me.

You're completely right, Sir. My goof; gawd, but I hate it when that happens...!

Anyway, lots of good information in this forum. If you can just narrow your questions down some...

LewisR:
Hi all,

New to the boards here, but have been browsing them for a few weeks.

Anyway I am thinking about doing some diving in the Keys sometime this summer and was looking for some good places to stay and some general information about what area are the best. It would be my son (15) and myself. Not alot of dives in yet but we have been to Bonaire and GCx2 so far. This time I was hoping to go a little cheaper than those 2 places. :D

Thanks
Lewis
A gang of us are getting together May 1-2 to dive in Key Largo. Probably too soon for you but there is info about psosible dives & a dive operation there in that post. Check out the private trips sub-forum

Key Largo and Big Pine Key/Marathon are usually considered the two "hot spots" for conch diving, unless you're heading to the Tortugas. For Key Largo you wanna hit John Pennekamp park of course, and down in the Marathon/Big Pine locale it's Looe Key and a couple wrecks (Adolphus Busch, Thunderball).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom