Blue Springs average depth????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank Kohler

Contributor
Reaction score
OK i am going to be diving in blue springs soon and well I have never dove there before I know the Max depth there is like 120 ft but what is the average depth???

Thank you,
Frank Kohler

do you mean Blue Spring near Orange City (Daytona Beach)?
if so, the cavern/cave is a single shaft leading down, so the concept of "average depth" is not really applicable.

the spring basin is about 10 feet deep, with areas on the edges around 2-3 feet.

once you enter the opening you have various ledges to explore down to about 60 feet.

at 60 feet, it becomes a cavern dive (within the daylight zone) as you cross under the overhead.

max depth is around 120, but max cavern penetration is
100 feet.

you need to be a minimum of cavern certified to carry lights.
they enforce this strictly.

H2Andy:
do you mean Blue Spring near Orange City (Daytona Beach)?
if so, the cavern/cave is a single shaft leading down, so the concept of "average depth" is not really applicable.

the spring basin is about 10 feet deep, with areas on the edges around 2-3 feet.

once you enter the opening you have various ledges to explore down to about 60 feet.

at 60 feet, it becomes a cavern dive (within the daylight zone) as you cross under the overhead.

max depth is around 120, but max cavern penetration is
100 feet.

you need to be a minimum of cavern certified to carry lights.
they enforce this strictly.

Lol you know how did I know you would be like one of the first to reply h2andy but thank you for your post I like yours because you all ways put a good deal of information in it. well once more thank you for the information.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom