Lobster Mini-Season 7/28 - 29/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cubascuba

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

posted this same thing on another area but thought I'd give it shot in this forum. Let's get a group together for Mini-Season. I usally dive alone and need to buddy up on the boat. We can get a group together and charter a boat if we get enough people. Or, if only a few or one want to buddy up with me we can go out with one of the local dive ops in miami.

LOBSTER>>>>UUUMMMM! :11ztongue

Cubascuba

Is anything still available?

Cubascuba:
Let's get a group together for Mini-Season. I usally dive alone and need to buddy up on the boat. We can get a group together and charter a boat if we get enough people. Or, if only a few or one want to buddy up with me we can go out with one of the local dive ops in miami.
Cubascuba

I read your other thread and I think it would be cool to buddy up with you. My hubby should be ready to dive by then and we've been looking forward to doing the lobster thing with someone more experienced than us, so you came to the right section! :dazzler1: we'll get a group together in no time, right Jenny!

Sure Angie. Actually somebody offered to take me out on a boat during mini season as a gift.... I wonder if they still remember...

I think I need to go. Last year was my first and it didn't go so well (no commens from the p-nut gallery, Dan), and I've realized it's left me turned-off to the whole mini-experience. This year I think I'm ready and vote for the earliest boat we can arrange in the season. Does anybody go out at midnight? Next morning at the latest. Maybe even the Keys?

If we get a date nailed down soon enough, maybe it would be a good idea to create a new thread just for the trip.
Cubascuba:
SNIP...Let's get a group together for Mini-Season.

MikeJacobs:
Last year was my first and it didn't go so well (no commens from the p-nut gallery, Dan), and I've realized it's left me turned-off to the whole mini-experience. This year I think I'm ready and vote for the earliest boat we can arrange in the season. Does anybody go out at midnight? Next morning at the latest. Maybe even the Keys?

At least you caught one last year. After being skunked the last two years, I'm ready to try something else. I like the midnight idea, followed by the Keys.

Either way, I'm in.

Marc

Keys is O.K. with us! Love the idea. But, I thought lobstering has been banned in the keys?.. not just the pennekamp areas but all the keys...

hasn't been banned. Harvesting from casitas (man-made lobster condos) has. Harvesting from nearshore waters and canals in Islamorada has. Harvesting from Pennekamp Park during the mini-season has. Harvesting at night in Monroe County during the mini-season has.

I believe that "night" is considered any time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise for these purposes.

Check out "Fishing Lines", a free publication available anywhere that sells fishing licenses, and most public libraries, for detailed regulations, including those specific to Monroe County (The Keys).

Let's all have a safe and compliant lobster mini-season!

KeyLargoBrent:
hasn't been banned. Harvesting from casitas (man-made lobster condos) has. Harvesting from nearshore waters and canals in Islamorada has. Harvesting from Pennekamp Park during the mini-season has. Harvesting at night in Monroe County during the mini-season has.
I believe that "night" is considered any time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise for these purposes.
Check out "Fishing Lines", a free publication available anywhere that sells fishing licenses, and most public libraries, for detailed regulations, including those specific to Monroe County (The Keys).Let's all have a safe and compliant lobster mini-season!

Thanks!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom