Naples Florida for certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwaite

Registered
Reaction score
I am from Indianapolis, and I will be taking the certification classes in a few weeks. My wife and I will be in Naples in early May, and I would like to do my open water certification dives at that time. Does anyone have any suggestions about diving in Naples? Is there a dive shop that is recommended?

Thanks for the info. How is the diving in Naples?

Don't do it!!!!! Diving off shore Naples is excellent, but it is not ideal for your first dives. I'd suggest traveling to the east coast or the Keys to get certified. After you get a little experience - 10 - 15 dives after certification you might want to try the gulf.

DSSW,

WWW™

I'm sorry to hear that. I really don't have much choice but to give it a try, however. My sister and father are going on a trip in July, and I want to go with them, and this will be my only chance to get to the open water to do the dives before then. Although it may not be ideal, surely it's not impossible for a novice to do this, is it?

It's not impossible, but I strongly suggest interviewing referral instructors carefully. Make sure they don't push the Instructor/student ratio.

OTOH, you might consider a day trip to Ft. Lauderdale. You'll be able to accomplish the same thing in almost the same amount of time (including the drive time) and you'll have the added benefit of enjoying it more.

DSSW,

WWW™

I'll give 'em a call. I hope to find some situation where I can do my certification dives during this Naples trip without having to drive several hours to accomplish the task. Hopefully, Eagle Ray will be able to help me out.

Sorry to butt in on your topic, but my question is about Naples.

How is the diving there? Are there any good dive sites to check out? My father has a condo and a house there, and I would visit more if I knew of some good diving. Plus it would save money for lodging compared to somewhere else.

Thanks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom