Destin Jetties Dive Report 6/28/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Great dive today! I'd give it a 9 on a scale of 10. Not many big or colorful creatures out there today. It must have been due to the great viz - 50' average. Water was warm enough to go without wet suit even at 55'. Attached are a couple of pics for your pleasure.

Wow, that viz does look good. I dove the PC jetties on sunday, and it was about 5ft near then end. Is that typical for Destin jetties? Got any more pics, and can I use yours on my website (with credit)?

How do you get to the Destin jetties? We checked the site out while we were in PCB and it looked like they had built a private housing complex where the road goes (or went) out to the jettie. We parked in the area where the beach road dead-ended but you have to walk forever then swim 1/4 mile to the jettie so we didn't think this was the access point.
Ber

jviehe:
Wow, that viz does look good. I dove the PC jetties on sunday, and it was about 5ft near then end. Is that typical for Destin jetties? Got any more pics, and can I use yours on my website (with credit)?
Typical for the jetties is 20' - 30' since I've been diving there the last 2 years. This was the second best viz day I've had there. It can go down to 5' when the June grass comes in - you can see some getting started near the anchor in the pic.

I have lots of pics (almost all from the jetties) posted in my gallery here on SB. Thanks for asking about using them - that has been a sticky subject over in the photography forum. The answer is YES you can use them and you have my permission. Of course the permission to use them from your web site needs to be directed back to me. Hope they help others to enjoy the jetties like I do.

Ber Rabbit:
How do you get to the Destin jetties? We checked the site out while we were in PCB and it looked like they had built a private housing complex where the road goes (or went) out to the jettie. We parked in the area where the beach road dead-ended but you have to walk forever then swim 1/4 mile to the jettie so we didn't think this was the access point.
Ber
I will eventually post a reply to the sticky thread about dive sites (including pictures). For now I'll give you the short version. Go down Gulfshore drive like you did (you went a little too far) after the S curve with the stop signs at Jetty East look for the start of parallel parking at the marina on your right. When you get to the parking, look left for a shower head. It will be between a house on the left and the first big white condo on the right. The sign for public access is very hard to see unless you look beyond the shower head about 5'. There is a picture in my gallery "Cloudy Post Dive" that shows what it looks like when you enter at that access point. Still a good walk to the jetty.

Thanks SeaYoda!
Ber

Took me a few turnarounds before I actually found the entry-point, it IS hard to find.

...and it IS a long walk :) I can't wait to go again though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom