Ft. Pickens Jeddies(Pensacola,FL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a great dive weekend. Met up with a few buddies and another ScubaBoarder(jlayman) and spent alot of time underwater

Saturday we enjoyed absolutely no current(this is a pass and if you don't catch the tides right, you can have yourself quite a workout getting back to your entry point). Visibility was about 15' and the water felt absolutely wonderful at depth. There were a few jellyfish, but not enough to chase anyone out of the water.

One of my friends and I camped out on the beach at Johnson State Park(Perdido Key, FL) since Ft. Picken's campsites had been booked up. Waking up to the sunrise with emerald water just feet from us is quite the spoil.

After we made our way back to Ft. Pickens again that morning we met up with John(jlayman) and another buddy and we went out into the jeddies again. The current was quite strong and it really had an impact on our breathing rates cutting our dive times almost in half. Still great dives and between the 4 tanks we dove I managed to snap away about 120pics. Here are just a few, enjoy!

Cool. I did my checkouts for Nitrox Cert there at Ft Pickens last year. The vis was about the same as you experienced. Nice pics too. What kind of camera you using?

Its actually my roomates SeaLife 3.1megapix. The camera itself looks to be a Vivitar marketed by SeaLife. It makes for a fun camera, but at this point, I'm looking into buying a higher quality rig for myself. I love the casing it has, but the camera itself just doesn't take as crisp an image nor does it have some of the features I'd like to have at my fingertips for underwater photog.

After 120 pics, I kept these 20 http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album04

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom