Destin Jetties dive report 8/12/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The day started dark and cloudy - the leftovers from our friend Bonnie. The rain had stopped and no strong winds at all. High tide was about 8:30 a.m. and I got in the water by 9:00. The beach had one lone fisherman and there were two snorklers in the shallow water. Upon entering the water, it was pretty dark for that time of day, due to the clouds. Soon after entry, things brightened up quite a bit. Viz was 20' - improved as the dive went along. The temp was warm (Sorry, I didn't check the thermometer) in the 80's. There was no strong current, but I stayed on the north side of the jetty in case the weather got bad. The sun was shining bright when I left the aqua colored water behind - as usual, I hated to go. There were more fish out there today than I have seen in a long time. Some unusual visitors as well. There was a large school of Ladyfish and some Mackerel. I saw one small stargazer for a fleeting moment. I also saw a small remora burried in the sand. Not a bad dive considering that it could have been easily washed out. Attached are some pictures from the dive - enjoy.

Glad to hear it wasn't all screwed up :) I'm looking forward to gettin back in the water this weekend.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom