Cape Canaveral diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darkmoon3d

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be up at Cape Canaveral this Saturday Dec.4 for a conference. I'll have morning and afternoon until 4pm open. Thought about sight seeing area but thinking diving would be more fun. Are there any good dive spots in the area? Also anybody want to buddy up?

I'm told that the diving in Cape Canaveral is not good at all. You won't find any shops that dive here. They all head south to areas in and around Ft. Lauderdale.

Sorry for the bad news!

astrl

NO shore diving there and the only reef diving to be had is 20 + miles out to Pelican Flats. Some wrecks also, but too far without a boat and theres' NO charter boats that regularly take divers out.

What else to do there? Tour Kennedy Space Center and check out the IMAX theatre show there. Get some sun at the beach. Shop at Ron Jon Surf shop. Have lunch at Grills at the Port - bacon wrapped scallops are to die for - lol.

Theres' bottom-fishing charters from the port as well as gambling boats that might work into your schedule also.

I did some diving at the Port.
Not exactly what you would call fun though.

I was the diver on the team that put in the drain basin in the pic. Lots of fabricform concrete instalation, pipe plugging/unplugging and a bunch of dredging.

:D

pipedope:
I did some diving at the Port.
Not exactly what you would call fun though.

I was the diver on the team that put in the drain basin in the pic. Lots of fabricform concrete instalation, pipe plugging/unplugging and a bunch of dredging.

:D
You were probably doing part of the work that we designed and inspected....

I'll probably just go check out the space center this Saturday afternoon. Havn't been there in over 10 years. Will likely go diving on Sunday back in West Palm Beach though.

Actually...the beaches about an hour south of Cape Canaveral may be clear...some really nice reefs....where are you staying??? I was thinking about giving it a try on Sunday the 5th. Give me a call 321-537-9751

simbrooks:
You were probably doing part of the work that we designed and inspected....

You are responsible for that mess?

The design changed several times as lots of it was not possible to build in the materials of the area.

In all fairness, it was not an easy place to work and build good drainage systems. Between the building and design teams we did get a good working system installed. :D

I always found it funny how the security changed between times when the cruise ships were in port and when they were out. :11:

Then again, I am weird enough to enjoy a working dive inside a drainage pipe. :D
I AM the pipedope!

pipedope:
You are responsible for that mess?

The design changed several times as lots of it was not possible to build in the materials of the area.

In all fairness, it was not an easy place to work and build good drainage systems. Between the building and design teams we did get a good working system installed. :D

I always found it funny how the security changed between times when the cruise ships were in port and when they were out. :11:

Then again, I am weird enough to enjoy a working dive inside a drainage pipe. :D
I AM the pipedope!
Possibly not responsible for every job and every mess, but a good few of them, particularly new builds on that nice soft dredged clay :wink:

It's been a few years since I was up there but there was a entertainment boat named the canveral star up there that was a fun ride - - later called the Bouy Boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom