Any Florida Dive Boats allow sleeping on board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
One of the great things about many California dive boats is that they allow divers to sleep on board the night before the dive trip. This saves the cost of a hotel room for those willing to put up with the slight inconvenience.

I was wondering if there are any decent dive boats leaving between Ft. Lauderdale and Islamorada that allow visiting divers to do the same? Of course if my dive buddy on this trip desires to be a buddy with benefits, that may be a moot point! I'm bad... but I'm so good at it.

Dr. Bill

There are a few Liveaboard trips that allow it, like Ultimate Getaway, Sea Fever, etc. But I don't know of any for "day trips". (maybe there are some). Are you looking for a several day trip liveaboard or a one day trip?

We're just looking for two full days of diving (would love to get in 4-5 dives a day but I assume boats there are more like 2-3 dives each day).

Shame there doesn't seem to be the equivalent of our floating hotels there, especially since it is snowbird season.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

drbill:
We're just looking for two full days of diving (would love to get in 4-5 dives a day but I assume boats there are more like 2-3 dives each day).

Shame there doesn't seem to be the equivalent of our floating hotels there, especially since it is snowbird season.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill
Most Florida Keys dive operators offer two 2-location trips daily, with a quick "turn-around" at mid-day. So you can get in your four dives a day even if you can't sleep on the boat!

drbill:
One of the great things about many California dive boats is that they allow divers to sleep on board the night before the dive trip. This saves the cost of a hotel room for those willing to put up with the slight inconvenience.

I was wondering if there are any decent dive boats leaving between Ft. Lauderdale and Islamorada that allow visiting divers to do the same? Of course if my dive buddy on this trip desires to be a buddy with benefits, that may be a moot point! I'm bad... but I'm so good at it.

Dr. Bill

Not sure when you are diving, but if you want to go a little further north to Pompano Beach, you might want to check with the:
Ocean Explorer

They might be able to arrange something. They have some local dive trips Feb18 through Feb 26.

Interesting difference betwen the two coasts. Living on Catalina I really appreciate being able to sleep on board the night before a day trip leaving from the California mainland. Otherwise it would get very costly between the cross-channel boat fare, hotel room and dive trip.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Interesting difference betwen the two coasts. Living on Catalina I really appreciate being able to sleep on board the night before a day trip leaving from the California mainland. Otherwise it would get very costly between the cross-channel boat fare, hotel room and dive trip.

Dr. Bill

I agree with you. I live and dive in Florida. When in CA in November I had the opportunity to do the Truth for 3 days. It saved me 3 nights of hotel rooms. Very affordable.

Since coming back I have been looking for something similiar. You may want to take a look at this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/t86787-liveaboards-out-of-florida.html

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom