Quick Trip to Ft.L - 5/20 - 5/21/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be arriving at FLL around Noon on Friday. Anybody diving Friday night or Saturday morning? Baitedstorm is already checking on whether her boat is truly full on Saturday.

Also, I won't have tanks of my own this time. If I rent (from Fill Express), I'll have to get them back before closing on Saturday, but if I can borrow...

Of course, if there's someone in desperate need of a Friday dive buddy who wants to pick me up at the airport in exchange for a taxi-fare-equivalent amount of gas (about $20 or so), please give me a call.

I know that somebody ought to be doing a shore dive somewhere (Dania, Hollywood, LTBS).

Help me get wet!!

-Rob

513-295-4739

Rob:
I'm driving over to West Palm tomorrow (Friday) afternoon for a weekend dive trip sponsored by our dive shop. I'm free Friday night and would be up for a night shore dive at LBTS, etc. If you're still looking for someone, PM me.

Doug

debersole:
Rob:
I'm driving over to West Palm tomorrow (Friday) afternoon for a weekend dive trip sponsored by our dive shop. I'm free Friday night and would be up for a night shore dive at LBTS, etc. If you're still looking for someone, PM me.

Doug

Doug... who are you diving with? I'm on Abernethy's boat in the morning.

Al

Well whaddaya know! I just got back from two days of ocean diving.

Friday night: Shore dive at LTBS with Marvel and debersole. Saw my first nudibranchs (3), first octopuses (2), many shrimp, several crabs, one spotted morey. Night dives in the ocean are much cooler than a quarry! Gotta love having 26C (81F), too! (Just to make everyone stuck diving the quarries jealous!)

Saturday AM: Capt. Dan and a 40ft reef with Avid Diver Charters. Met and dove with deepstops who thought that the dives went pretty well.

Saturday PM: The Trench and The Breakers reefs with Jim Abernathy's Scuba Adventures. Ran into Scuba_Dad wearing a really cool shirt coming off Abernathy's AM trip.

A very big thanks to Mark at Fill Express who waited after closing time on Saturday for me to rush the rental tanks back from Riviera Beach.

-Rob

Scuba Dad -- Sorry I didn't see your post in time to look for you coming off Abernethy's boat Saturday. I was the guy with the black Azimuth rebreather.

Rab -- it was great to meet you and dive with you Friday night and Saturday. I'm in the process of updating my website with the weekend photos. Should be ready by later tonight.

Marvel -- Thanks for the "guided" night dive at LBTS! You were great!

debersole:
I'm in the process of updating my website with the weekend photos. Should be ready by later tonight.

Nice gallery! I really enjoyed the pictures. We leave tomorrow for Pompano 7 boynton for 6 days of diving and it was nice to see another photographer's views. I can't wait. Woo Hoo!

robint

debersole:
Scuba Dad -- Sorry I didn't see your post in time to look for you coming off Abernethy's boat Saturday. I was the guy with the black Azimuth rebreather.

Doug,
I didn't see a rebreather, but I did see someone with a huge camera. I had my ScubaBoard shirt on...

Al

The huge camera was me. My wife says my cameras keep getting bigger and bigger. Funny, she doesn't say that about anything else of mine! Sorry I missed you. Next time!

debersole:
The huge camera was me. My wife says my cameras keep getting bigger and bigger. Funny, she doesn't say that about anything else of mine! Sorry I missed you. Next time!

I can say we crossed paths. I had an OW student and a DM trainee with me. Maybe next time I'll say something. It would have been nice to meet you.

Al

debersole:
Rab -- it was great to meet you and dive with you Friday night and Saturday. I'm in the process of updating my website with the weekend photos. Should be ready by later tonight.
Doug, the pics are great! It was very nice to be able to show some of the critters to my (non-diving) wife. (Any little bit of added incentive to get certified is welcome!)

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom