OK here's a challenge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I love desserts. But I'm trying to watch the girlie figure...

Does anyone have a fat free, low cal, but good dessert recipe?

I'm all ears! And teeth too!

This one is a favorite, it is no fat, and 15-20 cal each.

Forgotten Kisses

4 large egg whites
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
flavor with a 1 teaspoon of your favorite extract (mint, lemon, orange or use a teaspoon of finely grated lemon or orange zest or add mini chocolate chips)

Whip the whites (at room temp for more volume)
and salt with a mixer. Start on highest speed and beat for about 3 min till increased in volume and form medium soft peaks, With mixer running, add sugar gradually. Continue to beat at high speed till stiff peaks form. Add flavoring at the end. The whites will be firm and shiny. You may pipe from a pastry bag or drop by teaspoonfull onto parchment paper or 'paper bags'on a cookie sheet.

Heat oven to 400 DEGREES F then turn off
Bake 2+ hours (you can leave them overnight.. hence the name) till dry and crisp. Lift off paper and store in airtight container.

I am not sure if this is low-cal, but this is fairly popular in the Basque Country, and a favourite of mine for dinner parties. It can be done with either apples or pears:

Apples in wine:
Ingredients for 6 people: 6 apples, 1/2 litre of strong red wine, 2 cinnamon sticks, sugar, water.

Skin the apples and dice them in four. Pour in a pot the 1/2 litre of wine, 1/2 litre of water, and the cinnamon sticks. Submerge the apples in the wine mixture . Add sugar to taste. Bring it to boil in medium fire for 1/2 hr, until the apples are tender and red. Take the cinammon out, and let them cool down before serving. Serve the apples with the wine sauce.

I made this one for work the other day. I am the queen of fat free and low fat food and lost the 40 lbs so far to back that up.

You will need:

Angel Food Cake (this is fat free and cholesterol free by the way)
2 tubs of fat free cool whip
one package of vanilla pudding (the dry mix itself is fat free, fat grams depends on the milk you use to make it so I use skim-fat free milk)
3 cups skim-fat free milk
fresh fruit of your choice

I made this the other day with fresh sliced up strawberries. Iused to make it using 2 cans of cherry pie filing (they are usually fat free too).

Make the pudding, let it sit in the fridge for 5 mins to pudding up and then mix in the 2 tubs of whipped creme.

Ok start with a large bowl (I own a trifle bowl). Slice the angel food cake and place about half covering the bottom of the bowl, then add a layer pudding/whipped creme to cover the cake slices, then add a layer of fruit, then start over with a layer of cake slices, a layer of pudding/whipped creme, and then a layer of fruit, top it off with another layer of pudding/whipped creme, make it look pretty with a design or something and add some fruit for color.

Very yummy! And all fat free.

Great recipe idea, Wendy, thank you :biggrin:!!

yes, i have a great one....but it would probably be pulled by a mod

hey, is he talking about . . . ?

What about something so simple that it's fun and delicious...you mentioned something about doing some grilling right? take some fresh fruit, like pineapple, bananas, strawberries work well too and grill them. the carmelized natural sugars will provide all the sweetness you could ask for, and they will be healthy. your girlish figure will thank you.

A.

<former professional chef>

Back
Top Bottom