Worst food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
ok so i am sitting here eating mac and cheese with no cheese and meatballs heated in the microwave. I was just wondering what is the worst food you have eaten?

Lutefisk - if you don't know what it is google it

Becky

Anything that has the word plutonium in the translation NO WAY!!!

Interesting site

This question was batted around in an thread this past summer: Weird Food

My vote is balut, from the Philippines. Never actually ate it, and I thank God I haven't. Google it, or read about it in the linked thread. :p

Three words: Hard boiled eggs. It's not the taste that makes me sick (although the smell can do that to me sometimes), but mainly it's that d--n rubbery texture. EEEEEW! YUCK!

Becky beat me to it. Lutefisk. It's sort of like fish-flavored jello. With bones in it. And butter sauce. Doesn't that sound dreamy?

Not a huge fan of eel, either. Eel anything. Especially sushi. Don't know how people can eat that stuff. And while we are on the subject of sushi, (which I generally love), raw squid. Tastes and feels just like I imagine an inner tube from a bicycle would taste. Also, jellyfish. Before I tried it, I asked the chef what jellyfish tasted like, and he replied: Rubber bands. Mmm!

A chitterling (chittlins if you're from the south) and turnip green sandwich with mustard.

gfisher4792:

My vote is balut, from the Philippines. Never actually ate it, and I thank God I haven't. Google it, or read about it in the linked thread. :p

Balut, for those who haven't heard of it, is a duck egg eaten at various stages of embryo development. At 12 days it's like a big yolk, more or less, with the circulatory system forming (lots of veins). But, I have to agree with you...the 18-20 day old, three days from hatching has made more than a few people I knew blow chunks. This is probably more a factor that they had already drank 30 beers or so and ate it on a bet.. but it is pretty gross by western standards. The little beak and feet and soft feathers.....mmmmmmm.

gfisher4792:

speaking of bad tasting dishes of the Philippines....dino guan...(in the western Visayas that's what it's called). It's made from pig's blood cooked with either the head meat or...and this is the one I almost couldn't swallow...the intestines. It seemed that no matter how much you clean, them the finished product tastes like a barnyard smells. No offence to any of you Pinoys /Pinays out there. I love the place and people but some of the food.........Mabuhay. Hank

Back
Top Bottom