Cooking stuff you got for Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I posted this earlier but I guess it got lost in the site melt-down. :)

Did anyone get any cool cooking gear for presents this year?

I got a cast iron pan that makes Scandinavian pancakes. I forgot what you call these pancakes (it starts with an "A"). Anyway I like anything case iron. If the pancakes don't work out I can use it to poach eggs.

Then I got a remote meat thermometer. The probe has a high temp lead on it which is connected to a sending unit. You sit in your lawn chair with the reciever and a beer and you can keep an eye on the temperature of your meat without getting up. (the beer is optional.)

I got a deep fryer with a big lid that closes on the top, with a viewing window, and a quesedilla maker.(both are cool) Does the pan have little cup shaped depressions? (8,I think!) I remember my parents had one when I was very young. Aavelskiivers=swedish pancakes? Wow, that was 24 years ago.

i didn't recieve any cooking items, but am saving money for a bunch of knives wustof/global

Waring Pro Waffle maker. the kids love helping make the waffles and I swear that's all they have eaten since Christmas :)

Gizmo Hand mixer

Spacemaker Can opener

Never had Aavelskiivers, but those cast iron pans can be used to make a great Thai dessert Kanom Krok.

Those globals are great knives! Make sure that you get the proper stone for sharpening them-they require(so they say)a special ceramic wet-stone. I bought one
and it really works great-very easy to get a great edge.
btw-they also suggest useing a diamond steel rather than a standard one?
Happy cooking!

My wife and I got a set of those really good Cook Essential Pots and Pans From QVC.
They are awesome. We are ordering the expansion set that includes some of the more specialized pans. like the bigger pot with the basket for cooking up Lobster.

chris hecker:
I got a deep fryer with a big lid that closes on the top, with a viewing window, and a quesedilla maker.(both are cool) Does the pan have little cup shaped depressions? (8,I think!) I remember my parents had one when I was very young. Aavelskiivers=swedish pancakes? Wow, that was 24 years ago.

Aavelskiiver---right-- I'll remember "swedish pancakes" I think.:)

My 7 yo grandson asked for and recieved a quesedilla maker. He likes quesidella. His mom and dad are both professional chiefs so they get all of the gadget catalogues. I guess will have to make that Santa drops off some toy catalogues next year.

Does a present to myself count? Nothing gourmet - but I finally got a food processor! The one I registered for when I got married proved to be too small, so I had to do everything in two or more batches. This baby holds 8 cups, so I should be good to go :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom