Using power beaters isn't just for chefs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recently there has been a lot of heated discussion about technical methods and equipment and their use in recreational applications.

Personally, I prefer using power beaters with a long cord for making mashed potatoes. Some say portable units with a battery pack are the way to go, but I disagree. With a long cord, you know that the beaters will work. A battery powered beater will loose power as the batteries die, perhaps failing at a critical moment. In an OOB (out of beaters) emergency, a cord ensures that beaters that are donated are always powered and ready to perform.

Some people argue that the cord gets in the way or can easily become tangled. This however, is not true. If the proper procedures are followed while gearing up, this is a non issue. Besides, extra checks before commencing the dive - err, cooking - prevent complacency which, as we all know, is a major cause of accidents.

So there you have it. A power beater is perfectly safe for a recreational cook; provided they know how to handle it.

This thread is intended for humourous analogy purposes only. Under no circumstance is the author, the posters, or Scubaboard, directly or indirectly responsible for any power beater related incidence's that may or may not occur.

So is this the DIR way of beating mashed potatoes?

Doesn't this belong in the power beater forum?

It was inspired by a post in the now famous "long hose" thread. Now all we need is a train wreck.

I personally have power beaters made by Black and Decker. It has a 'Turbo' button and I think the same electric motor as my small drill. The longer than normal cord is permanantly attached by the manufacturer. It can be an entanglement hazard, but I just route the cord around the canisters and to the right of the mixing bowl since I am right handed. This leaves my left hand available to grip the bowl and rotate it. Positive control of the bowl is important, especially when you begin to beat the potatoes. IF you are going to use the beater for something else in the same meal, a back up set of blades should be ready to go where you can easily reach them with your left hand.

:lol3:

TOO FUNNY ! ! ! ! !
I love it . . . .

The K

Hmmm, some people have to much time on their hand. But I love it :D

Paul

Dave in PA:
I personally have power beaters made by Black and Decker. It has a 'Turbo' button and I think the same electric motor as my small drill.

So you also have a back up..good job!!

OMG, aren't you afraid some newbie cook might get the cord tangled up in the beaters? What a potential hazard!!! New cooks need to be shown by more experienced chefs how to handle a long cord, and should practice stowing (ahem) routing it properly before each and every di-- I mean meal. (heh)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom