Obtaining British food abroad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leggeyuk

Reaction score
In relation to my last thread, a couple of you showed interest in condiments and other british foods, well i would just like to show you this link

http://www.britsbuy.com/

This site you can purchase an array of condiments, mushy peas (marrowfat) and most importantly proper paxo sage and onion stuffing (which contains no nutmeg like the american "english stuffing" products). So have a look and enjoy.

Steve Legge

Great news for the Brits close to Indanapolis, the new Marsh in Nobleville carrys brown sauce, mushy peas, marrowfats and a few other needed things as long as these keep turning up I will remain slightly less of a miserable b'stard.

We have a store that sells British foods not far from me. That was an interesting addition to that particular suburb which is often referred to as "Huber Tucky."
Ber

If you want Brittish food, can't you just take regular food and boil it until all the flavor is gone?

No? Oh. Sorry.

Wristshot:
If you want Brittish food, can't you just take regular food and boil it until all the flavor is gone?

No? Oh. Sorry.

:lol3:

Don't forget the warm beer. :wink:

Egad. Why in the world would you want to "obtain" British food abroad? Why did Englishmen conquer the world again?

Don't forget the warm beer.
Mmmmm. Warm beer. How I miss it. Real, serious beer. Rich and delicious! The coldies down here just aren't the same any more...even the boutique beers have lost their appeal since I grew to love proper British beer in real pubs. US beer doesn't even enter the equation :wink:

Although I did accept my Guinness 'Extra Cold' in the UK!

And Ale. Real Ale. I miss it!

Am pleased to note that imported British mushy peas are now available at my local supermarket. I'm refusing to touch any other type.

dlndavid:
:lol3:

Don't forget the warm beer. :wink:

At least our beer is produced at more than3%, and we can handle it, ******* lightweight yanks, my nan could drink you under the table hahahahahaha

I raided the food stores on a British ship that had run aground; all the beer/ale was gone (first thing) so I had to settle for some 5 gallon pails of tea, a couple gallon jars of curry powder, and several cases of 16% butterfat evaporated milk. (woo HOO!)

what- so many comments on a british food thread and no one has mentioned Marmite- I am serously getting low now-My local shop in Florida used to sell it, But alas north Carolina is still behind on the yeast extract fornt. And I can;t even head home to get any- what's a girl to do??????

I can at least console myself with my favourite tipple- thankfully availbel here now - a lovely pint of stella. (of course I have to open two bottle to fill my biritsh pint glass.....)

Back
Top Bottom