Size 14 shoe, what size Force Fin Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Merlin*

Reaction score
Can I get some help with sizing? I just ordered a pair of
Pinnacle 6mm Orca Heavy Duty Zipper Boots in size 14.
I would like to match a pair of Force Fin Pro's to them. What size should I order? I am going to wear these cold water boots all the time as I have a problem with cold toes.

Thanks

Merlin, I would suggest xxl pro force fin with bungee strap. Thanks for supporting a American made product. We now have four production plants making all the different models. I am sure all these American workers appreciate you standing behind them.

The great thing is that not only is it American, it is a great product!

sorry guys, I know you "should" be able to fit into the XXL, but I have that bootie (size 13) and I can't get into the XXL pocket. The Pinnacle 6mm Orca has way too thick of a sole and I have to use the SD-1 Military's. If you want to dive Pro's I recommend going to the Adjustable Force or the maybe even the Float Tube fin. What's surprising is that I can get my drysuit boot inside the XXL perfectly. If I am only wearing a 3mm soft soled boot I actually put the comfort instep in to snug it all up.

yup- just checked, I can only get the pocket up just onto my toes...

I don't recommend the XXXL as that thing is HUGE. like combat boot huge, but maybe it would work, probably require a set of comfort insteps at least

PS- Bob, Blair, Vickie and family... the Yellow Foils ROCK, thanks again

So I am back at square one. I wish I could just go to a shop and try them on with my booties. I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about ordering the wrong size $300 fin.

Can a 3X be that much bigger than a 2X? Seems like a big 14 and a comfort instep shoud fit the 3X if the Orca boot in a 13 dosn't fit all the way in a 2X.

well you have 2-3 options here.

1) get the adjustable or the FloatTube, I think the FloatTube may be better.
2) Do you really need that heavy of a sole. I bought them and I really didn't like them. I found the sole made them too stiff to be comfortable while swimming, I was going to replace them with the Apex 6 boot, but went dry instead. I have used a 6mm boot with the XXL and a Drysuit boot (also Pinnacle) and they work great.

The second option is the one I recommend the most.

of course, if you order from FF, they will make sure you are in the right size and you can swap them no problem.

Can a 3X be that much bigger than a 2X? Seems like a big 14 and a comfort instep shoud fit the 3X if the Orca boot in a 13 dosn't fit all the way in a 2X.

Yes, actually the XXXL is really that much bigger, I think it was designed for a fishing wader boot, so its really big.

Thanks Meesier never knew that the Orca boot had such a high sole.
Merlin- Force Fin wants you to get into the water with the right fin. You purchase any of product from Force Fin and it does not work for your size or function they will refund your money back if you are under 30 days from original purchase.

The XXXL is a huge jump in size , but you could use a comfort instep instep_product
( sizing insert ) and you could be good to go. You will not have a sizing problem with the adjustable model.
Good luck and look forward to hearing about your choice!

I have already ordered the Orca boots on a close out for scuba.com. Its hard to find a bootie that is a true 14. As I stated I have a foot\toe issue. One of the things that caught my eye was the open toe design of the FF. I am having a problem loving the adjustable fin. It just looks a bit home made, not that home made is a bad thing. I am also a follower of the KISS theory and the extra strap and buckel is just one more thing to have to adjust and worry about.
I may just have to order the XXL and try to find another boot that will work with them. I was hoping not to have to "settle" for a combination.

Back
Top Bottom