Boeing Wind Tunnel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was posting a response in another thread and I realized I should bring this over to the Force Fin equipment sub forum. This is a warm up to more detailed posts in the future about Foil Force Fins (the original split fin – Dema’s most innovative product award 1999) ,winglets and more!

All paddle fins have water spilling off at 180 degrees when it is pushed through the water. That is why you can see some of the fins on the market wobble when going through the kick cycle. Split fins do not have spill over as much because there is a split more of the water escapes through the split. Some of the marketing that is used in demonstrating water reactions - “twin swirl” was taken from marketing that was used in the 90’s from an old the Foil Force Fin ad.

We used these “twisted Swirls” to drive the point home that the fin has 2 foils turned into a curve shape and made of a material that retains its shape, cupping the water and does not move away from each other. It just bends and snaps back to recover – creating energy. Our Foils don’t move away from each other losing energy.

Winglets- I first started playing with winglets in the 80’s then patented them on my Flying Force in 1995, but before that I had numerous companies seek out the proto types to test out in various transportation industries.
The group from San Diego involved with the Stars and Stripes (America 3) racing in the world cup used the winglet designs from Force Fins to perfect their high tech keel to obtain maximum speed without drag. They actually took the fin and studied its characteristics in the Boeing wind tunnel. Winglets are proven and that is why I decided to put them on the Flying Force Fin. Just a bit of history and more to come about winglets, VBC-variable blade control. A fin can be smart!
flyingforce_scubaboard.jpg

http://www.forcefin.com/Merchant2/m...uct_Code=FY&Category_Code=51&Product_Count=11

Fin Doctor,
Will these ever have Sparkles in them?
You had a pair of Foils with them and it felt different diving with flair.

Uncleavi, any thing for force tester number 1. I hear you want to use my foils sdi fin for your dive trip. No problem avi.

The Flying Force in action.
Spain_flying_force.jpg

Deep Sea Explorer and Commercial Diver, David Falco, with four years experience of diving Force Fins is testing out his new pair of Flying Force Fins in the Mediterranean Sea. Photo by Juergen Renner

Good news the xxl Flying Force will be ready for Christmas sales. Just finished the sanding and this fin is a real beauty. Cost is set at direct from me at $400.oo Tan Delta material, color your choice, signed and numbered. A good portion of the sale will go to support my favorite radio show, SCUBA RADIO, hosted by Greg Holt. Hopefully size large will be done mid-December. Ready to fly? Boeing get ready !

I will be on Scuba Radio tomorrow talking about the Flying Force project with Host Greg Holt. Tune in for some fun with Scuba Radio January 10, 2009. Scuba Radio. Com.

AVI, Tester 1 I just looked at your purple sparkles Flying Force....unreal, now will make MarkUK smoke black pair.

Back
Top Bottom