Force Fin Pro sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My LDS has a pair of Force Fin Pro in L size. But they do not have comfort Instep. I am asking if this fin will fit me. I wear size 8 Men size dress shoes. According to your chartI need size M for barefoot. But I would like to get a pair of FF pro to suit various kinds of diving and possibly Tech Diving in the future. I always dive with booties at least 5mm. I would like to ask: from the chart, L size will possibly fits me if I wear the largest kind of boots, right? Will it still fits if I wear 5mm booties with the comfort Instep? WIll it be too large? Because the chart suggest ML.

Thanks.

I can give you my experience.

I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe (men's) - my wife wears an 8 women's.

I can wear a size L with no instep and a light boot (3 mm thin sole) and barefoot with a comfort instep.

My wife wears the size L with 2 comfort insteps barefoot and a heavy soled 5 mm boot with no instep.

I normally wear a pair of XXLs - 2 insteps for a light boot, 1 instep for a medium (heavy soled 3 mm that I use when shore diving) and no insteps with a heavy soled 5 or 7 mm boot.

By using the comfort insteps you can make these fins work with all types of footwear.

My wife says they are the most comfortable pair of fins she has ever used - with or without boots - we just need to figure out which fin model to use, since she cannot frog kick with the Foil Force (they are eassy to kick and FAST) and the FF Pros are a little stiff and do not give her the control she would like.

Bob is supposed to me making some softer versions of the new Hockey Fin - that she can't wait to dive (I have been diving one of the prototype Hockey Fins and absolutely love them).

Dive Safely

hongrace,
Large will not be to big with a Comfort Instep. If your local LDS has one pair of large and no Comfort Insteps you are probably getting a good deal on the fins-good find? You can simply order a comfort instep from us and you will have all the sizing range you need with the Large.

Thanks TN Traveler for your post, great info.
As TN traveler mentioned you can use the comfort instep to use one pair of fins for different kinds of foot ware. You would like to get into Tek diving that means more than likely a drysuit so you should have no concerns of the fins being to big, Plus if your 5mm boot has a thick sole it should be a good match. Can you go into your LDS and try it on with your boots? Be sure to understand their policy before you purchase.
If you are buying the fins you should look into getting a Comfort Instep . Thanks again for your post and good luck on getting into a pair of Force Fins.

Back
Top Bottom