How to tell difference between Pro and Original?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ory69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to find a match for my lost fin and was wondering if you guys know how to tell the difference between a Pro and Original. The one I lost was a black Pro and it has a 6" logo on the center of the top of the fin.

Pro what, is it Scuba Pro?

do you have a picture?

I am trying to find a match for my lost fin and was wondering if you guys know how to tell the difference between a Pro and Original. The one I lost was a black Pro and it has a 6" logo on the center of the top of the fin.

Normally the "Pro"s have the word PRO on the webbing strap tag. This becomes a problem if you are using Bungies, since they don't have any indication on them as to what type of FF it is. I don't think there is any marking on the Fin itself.

Normally the "Pro"s have the word PRO on the webbing strap tag. This becomes a problem if you are using Bungies, since they don't have any indication on them as to what type of FF it is. I don't think there is any marking on the Fin itself.

These are almost 15 years old, but mine do not have a pro tag on them, but I don't know if they had one back then anyways.

ory69, Gosh..without being able to feel the flex, I would think you have the original 86A durometer, the Pro's are at 92A...Hope this helps. Best, Bob P.S. funny how folks like to stick their nose into Force Fin business.

These are almost 15 years old, but mine do not have a pro tag on them, but I don't know if they had one back then anyways.

Is the tag still on the strap? If it is and does not say "PRO", they probably are just regular - if the tag is missing, then you will need someone who is real familiar with both to determine what they are. I know I can definitely feel the difference when they are side by side but if someone handed me a pair without being able to compare, I don't think I could tell the difference. I do know the PROs are quite stiff while the regulars have a softer feel when they bend (and tan deltas just want to snap back).

I have 3 pairs in the original material and 3 in the pro. When I go to grab a pair to use, I don't have to look at the tag to tell the difference. To me, the original material has a little more slick or glossy look to it and is more uniform. The pro's have a little duller sheen and have some mottling to them. Maybe Bob can confirm this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom