Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How to tell difference between Pro and Original?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

How to tell difference between Pro and Original?

I am trying to find a match for my lost fin and was wondering if you guys know how to tell the difference between a Pro and Original. The one I lost was a black Pro and it has a 6" logo on the center of the top of the fin.

Registered

Got Water?

Dives
    200 - 499
    Pro what, is it Scuba Pro?
    For all of your SCUBA needs and the BEST Prices around check out
    http://shop.sugarlandscuba.com/
    Go ahead an check you won't be disappointed
    If you don't see the best price on our site just call 281-240-3484 or email tim@sugarlandscuba.com and we will match or beat the price you find!
    For every person you refer that makes a purchase you will receive $10 off of YOUR next purchase.

Registered

Got Water?

Dives
    200 - 499
    do you have a picture?
    For all of your SCUBA needs and the BEST Prices around check out
    http://shop.sugarlandscuba.com/
    Go ahead an check you won't be disappointed
    If you don't see the best price on our site just call 281-240-3484 or email tim@sugarlandscuba.com and we will match or beat the price you find!
    For every person you refer that makes a purchase you will receive $10 off of YOUR next purchase.

Registered

I think, therefore I am -
    I think?

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Shftrdog View Post
    You are in the Force Fin Forum - so if you know nothing about Force Fins, please read up on them before asking silly questions!
    Bob Evans and xeon_intel like this.

Tech Instructor
    Go Red - Support SB!

PADI/SSI/BSAC/ANDI/TecRec
    Tec/Advanced Sidemount,Trimix,
    Technical Wreck Instructor

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shftrdog View Post
    Some further market research needed, if claiming 'for all your scuba needs'. Gotta know what's on the market if you're going to advise divers effectively

Registered

I think?

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by ory69 View Post
    I am trying to find a match for my lost fin and was wondering if you guys know how to tell the difference between a Pro and Original. The one I lost was a black Pro and it has a 6" logo on the center of the top of the fin.
    Normally the "Pro"s have the word PRO on the webbing strap tag. This becomes a problem if you are using Bungies, since they don't have any indication on them as to what type of FF it is. I don't think there is any marking on the Fin itself.
    Bob Evans likes this.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Quote Originally Posted by TN Traveler View Post
    Normally the "Pro"s have the word PRO on the webbing strap tag. This becomes a problem if you are using Bungies, since they don't have any indication on them as to what type of FF it is. I don't think there is any marking on the Fin itself.
    These are almost 15 years old, but mine do not have a pro tag on them, but I don't know if they had one back then anyways.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    ory69, Gosh..without being able to feel the flex, I would think you have the original 86A durometer, the Pro's are at 92A...Hope this helps. Best, Bob P.S. funny how folks like to stick their nose into Force Fin business.
    Bob Evans

Registered

I think?

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by ory69 View Post
    These are almost 15 years old, but mine do not have a pro tag on them, but I don't know if they had one back then anyways.
    Is the tag still on the strap? If it is and does not say "PRO", they probably are just regular - if the tag is missing, then you will need someone who is real familiar with both to determine what they are. I know I can definitely feel the difference when they are side by side but if someone handed me a pair without being able to compare, I don't think I could tell the difference. I do know the PROs are quite stiff while the regulars have a softer feel when they bend (and tan deltas just want to snap back).

Registered

Love to have fun and get
    exercise on a reef

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    I have 3 pairs in the original material and 3 in the pro. When I go to grab a pair to use, I don't have to look at the tag to tell the difference. To me, the original material has a little more slick or glossy look to it and is more uniform. The pro's have a little duller sheen and have some mottling to them. Maybe Bob can confirm this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast