what have i got here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stussels

New
Reaction score
hello all, first post. just trying to figure out what size these fins are as i see nothing to indicate. any other info would be good too. thx for any help:)

005-9.jpg

006-8.jpg

009-2.jpg

stussel, you have a pair of Beaver Force Fin, with Whiskers and adjustable foot pocket with bungee heel strap. Designed in the early 1990's, with a curved beaver shaped blade along with strong backside ribbing to assist in rebound snapping action. We still sell this model, primarily to the United Kingdom Marines, since they like the concept of fitting their combat boots.. Thanks for sharing one of my more interesting designs incorporating variably thrust technology. Don't drop them in the toilet, their a pretty nice fin. Best, Bob

hey thanks for the reply, and from the man himself! i read a timeline regarding you and your wifes work, impressive and a good read.
thx again,
-mike

wow what a great looking fin, look brand new, real treat you have there

Just to resurrect an old thread... And to make a short story long... stussels decided to sell his Beavers on e-Bay and I bought them. :D

I haven't been on the board in quite a few months, but wanted to post some test results.

First off, in my growing collection of fins, I have a set of Adjustables, the Beavers and two pairs of Pros (original black and bright yellow). I also have a pair of Slims for my wife, but she hasn't tried them yet (long story).

Due to medical concerns (note my status) I have been pretty much confined to swimming laps at our local Y. I normally do about 45 minutes freestyle followed by 30 minutes with fins. After getting the Beavers, I decided to run a little test to see which I would mainly use for fitness. All test are done with lightweight reefwalker booties.

First test day I decided to do 200 yards (kind of pressed for time).

Adjustable - 4:07
Beavers - (V) - 4:02
Beavers - (!!) - 3:56
Pro - 3:48
(Note: The difference on the Beavers is with the vanes set straight or one notch in.)

A couple of days later I decided to repeat the test at 400 yds (with intermediate time at 200 yds). This time I added my old Rocket Fins with spring straps that I used to dive into the mix.

Rockets - 3:57 (Had to quit at 200 yds. Even though I had tape on my toes like I used to dive, the pain was too much.)
Adjustable - 4:24 / 8:53
Beavers (V) - 4:11 / 8:17
Beavers (!!) - 4:05 / 8:09
Pros - 3:55 / 7:54

It's funny, but the Pros that feel more flexible actually give me the best time.

So, for training work in the pool, I am now using my Beavers and I love them. When I go in open water (and I'm not admitting that I sneak out for an occasional dive), I always use my Pros.

Back
Top Bottom