Why GasPods and Force Fins are Made in the USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well said by Susanne:
Why GasPods Are Made in The U.S.A. - GasPods.com

GasPods are made in the U.S.A. I wish I could say this was a political decision. I am well traveled, and I sincerely believe that the U.S.A. in which I grew up is the very best place on Earth. The decision was financial. Notwithstanding soundbites to the contrary, there are thousands of quality injection factories in the United States. They are competitive with offshore production, particularly when it comes to custom molding for small business start up companies. Absent the subsidies given to the long-established, big boys, China, or any other country is hard pressed to compete with America, when the real costs of production are taken into consideration. The real cost of production includes quality, shipping, lead time, inventory control, and the control over cash flow that follows from a well-managed supply chain. Something that is best done locally.
made_in_usa225_3205.jpg

Working in the U.S.A. is not an abstraction for me, nor is being an entrepreneur. I was born in Detroit, and transplanted to California at an early age. My parents owned a few industrial uniform companies. The smell of shop towels brings memories of my childhood, as we serviced gas stations, auto body shops, tire stores, auto industry manufacturers, and sports venues. Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium and the Forum were on our truck delivery routes.
My first job was for my parents’ company. Under the scrutinizing eye of my father I was tasked with altering uniforms to fit their wearer, and sewing patches uniquely identifying each uniform to the client’s Company brand and its wearer. My first lesson in quality control was when my father made me tear out the stitches and redo hems I had sloppily sewn in a rush to get the job done, so I could join my friends. I remember him scolding me, “Men have to wear these pants to work. You have to take as much pride in your job as they will in wearing them to theirs.”
My father’s first Company was his newspaper route, or should I say newspaper delivery enterprise. He expanded outside the immigrant neighborhood in which he lived to deliver papers to the the offices of the then bustling business buildings of downtown Detroit. I founded my first international manufacturing and distribution company when I was 26 years old. AeroHance is my 3rd Company. Its GasPod project the 34th product I have released.
The first entrepreneur was not born with the U.S.A. What is unique to America is their historic percentage level of contribution to its economy. I believe that this is born in the idea that opportunity exists to anyone who can take the experience of sewing patches as a foundation for understanding corporate brand identity, and a reprimand as a lesson in the importance of quality control. I also believe that this is the case because the words from the Declaration of Independence are etched into the American psyche throughout our early educational years:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men [and women by virtue of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution] are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness….”
In other countries where we might manufacture, dreaming big, if dreams of starting one’s own business exist at all, most frequently end with one’s first job sitting before a sewing, injection or any other machine.
I can visit on demand the factories where our GasPods are made. I can see the quality of the environment in which the individuals who make GasPods work. It appears to me that they are not slaves to their employers, and that they are doing so with the expectation that it is toward benefiting their life and that of their families.
In the future, GasPods may very well be made offshore, particularly when we look toward podding the vehicles driven within other countries. I am proud to say at this time, it makes the most sense, economically, politically and ethically to make them here.

Time flies and our gaspod logo is world wide catching ..thank you Andrew. Andrew Byrom / News I plan on Podding the world to save the World. Good news at Ford CMax forum. divers travel. Every gallon of gas we consume introduces 19.4 lbs of CO2 into the atmosphere and 97 gallons of water are rendered permanently polluted. Reducing our fuel consumption is an ocean issue.

on a drive from Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California, this 2006 Corvette clocked 26.3 mpg. Results coming back from Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona, with super cool GasPods attached, were 28.2 mpg for a 7.2% increase in fuel efficiency. Do us a favor post to the Corvette Forum..... Hit the Dive site with your Corvette.

Attachments

• 2012-corvette-IMG_5335.jpg
    2012-corvette-IMG_5335.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 701
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom