Launch Pad Foot Pocket & Foil Blades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I found a pair of Force Fins that are unusual. From research on Launch Pad Foot Pocket I think that they are Launch Pad Foot Pockets with Foil Blades attached. There is no size marked but from the webpage, I assume they are XL.

Were many sold? Are they usable or are they relics for a display? They are engraved with the name John Wall who was the former owner of The Dive Shop in Fairfax, VA.

force fin 002.jpgforce fin 003.jpgforce fin 004.jpgforce fin 005.jpgforce fin 006.jpg

Gosh, I would really like these fin's back...Sad how this gift to John Wall of the Dive Shop ended up on the open air. What's the story ??? and they are one of a kind. I have seen how some gift's I have given have been disregarded. This was John Wall a $30.000 a year account who sold out and went to Bonaire.dsva31_display.jpg

I am so Bugged over my gift to John Wall ending up here on Scubaboard.. Pedro, I am not upset with you and you have my friend a very special pair of OPS. I gave out only a few pairs to special friends. Susanne, my partner always tells me people do not appreciate my gifts. One friend Andrew sold his "gift" on ebay for a bundle. I was surprised, but when it comes down to the $ dollar some people ...Happy Mothers Day.

Bob,

I work at The Dive Shop part time. Those fins, and 20 other pairs, were in milk crates above the Nitrox bank at The Dive Shop. I think this pair, and one other pair of Foil Force fins, have your engraved autograph as well as John Wall's.

There is still one (not one pair) Extra Force Fin hanging on the wall at the shop.

I found one pair of XXL Force Fins in a Force Fin box under a keyboard at the shop. I thought the box was empty and I was surprised when I opened it to find a pair still in the plastic bag, never used.

Pedro, sounds like your luckly day. Once John sold out, the new owner wanted to just carry Mares products...made off shore with a 400% margin on fins. After supporting the Dive Shops for over 35 years I learn which way the winds blows.$$$$$$$$$. I have a few special Dive Shop friends who don't mind paying extra for a American made quality product. The past days.DSVA31.jpg

Bob,

I work at The Dive Shop part time. Those fins, and 20 other pairs, were in milk crates above the Nitrox bank at The Dive Shop.

Pedro, if you find a pair of L/XL Tan Delta's in that grab bag of goodies, I would be interested I purchasing them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pedro, Let's talk about me getting back my gift to John Wall. Not on Scubaboard. I posted on facebook The Dive Shop phone number to help sell what's left..Please hold those split fin's for me. Please call me at 805-966-9628. Thank you. Bob Evans

Come on Hatul, the Foil Force started the split fin craze. The fin pictured on this thread is part of Force Fin's OPS project, with interchangeable blades, all of which can be independently rotated.... way beyond and more futuristic than any split fin made! Plan to hit the fin market with the OPS and SD-1 and a few other designs later.

Pedro, Thank you for making me aware of my gift to John Wall, former owner of the Dive Shop, Fairfax, Virginia, was being sold on EBAY. I was able to purchase them back yesterday from the Dive Shop. $ 260.00....dsva31_display.jpg First time I had to purchase back a gift given.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom