Force Fin Hoarder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arrick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I love Force Fins so much I buy any pair that are my size and a style I don't have. I bought a pair of SD1 off ebay last week and gave them a try today. I really like them. They have plenty of thrust and are very comfortable. I have multiple foot and ankle injuries from a long sports career. I was about to give up on diving because me feet hurt so much until I found force fins. Once I realized that they also moved me along really well, I loved them even more.

The SD1 are very comfortable. I going to put them to the test over the next couple of weeks on my local reefs. Maybe these can see a return to production some day too.

I can't wait for the hockey fins to come back. If they could be made with a cool color,blue or purple, and/or some sparkles, that would be a bonus. I look at the photos of the fins with sparkles in them and am jealous.

Thanks again Bob

PS: I think I converted some people this weekend after showing them my fins on a local dive boat.

arrick, Just wonder who was selling the SD-1?? Mostly sold to the Military unit's. They will go back in production again with the next big order. No color's anymore. Just Black and yellow. Thank for the support and look forward to your report on the SD-1.

In the last week, I used my SD1's for 6 dives and 2 snorkeling sessions. I covered about 2 miles each time I snorkel and consider this the best test. My first impression was the the SD1 are very comfortable, even more comfortable than my other force fins. I didn't think it would be possible to find anything better than regular force fins. Its like wearing a pair of slippers. I have severely damaged ankles and feet from repeated sports injuries so comfort is a big factor for me.

The SD1 have plenty of power. I was moving along at the same pace I get from my force fin pros. When I'm swimming on the surface, I like to swim on my back to see how fast I'm moving and look at how much water is being churned up to see the power of a pair of fins. The SD1 worked great.

The SD1 are my new favorite fins. I didn't think it could get any better than other force fins, but these fins were another notch up. My only concern now is losing one, which is less worrisome because they float.

I still don't understand people choosing other fins. One look at these and I knew they would be comfortable and have plenty of power. One week of using them and my initial evaluation proved to be true.

Thanks again Bob.

Cool, arrick, still wondering who sold the SD-1. I worked 5 years on the SD-1 after the U.S. Navy asked for a special design for some work they were doing@@##. I agree it's a real winner. After 911 I felt I need to make the best Military fin available for our service Men and Women. Thank for testing. Best, Bob IMG_4604.jpg Plus I like the non-skid heel section which can be replaced and that they float just enough so your feet don't drop down. All most like a Angel feel. The adjustable foot pocket allows change out from cold water diving to warm. I tell you a lot of thought and work went into those blades. After over 20 fin blades designs I finally got it right.

I just used the SD1 for 2 more dives today and you totally got it right. They are definitely my favorite force fins. A couple of people noticed the non-skid heel and all the other innovations and remarked about how well made they are.

Somebody on ebay sold the pair to me and I don't know his name. I think the box they came in, with his name on it, was picked up with the garbage but I'll check.

My force fin collection includes:
Force fin original: xl and xxl
Force fin pro: xxl
Force fin original in tan delta: xxl
Foil force fin: xxl
Rip force
Adjustable force fin
Excellerating force fin
Force fin extra
SD1

My wife thinks I'm a little crazy but I have put them all to a lot of use over the years.

arrick, Now that's Fleet of Force fin's. I realized that we can know the owner of your SD-1 Military Force Fin. In my paranoia at the time, 2000, I developed a way to know who purchase each pair of SD-1. It was so good I forgot till yesterday. We will discuss over snail mail..Ok. Thanks for the support and give your wife a big Hug for me. Your Friend, Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom