Force Fin Pros w/ Henderson Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THRASH

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody wear the Henderson aqua lock 3mm boots with their Force Fin Pros? I have the Force Fins on order and was considering pairing them up with the boots mentioned. I am curious how that combo is working out for folks. Thanks!

Hi Trash, i am wearing aqualock boots together with FF. One thing i noticed immediately was the aqualock's soles are rather thick so you might need to up your FF size by one size. I use size 9 booties with a XXL pros. My XL hockeys and tan delta wont fit them...thinking of buying adjustable SD1 if they are still available in the market...

That's what I was afraid of. I am worried that when my Henderson Aqua Lock boots come in they may not fit my Force Fins because of the reasons you listed. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Another question: Does the solid rubber piece on the top of the Aqua Lock bootie provide extra comfort on the top of the foot with the FF on or would it be better/more comfortable to have a bootie with just neoprene on the top to match up against the top part of the FF?

i have to say that i am indifferent about the rubber piece on top of the booties.
1. They are too thin to be considered comfortable
2. They were there for the model/looks purposes
3. They are glued to the neoprene on top of the boots, hence my point no 1 and 2.
4. They are definitely NOT durable. The glue will give up eventually after quite some time

The only thing that i think they provide is to provide better traction between the boots and the fins; in which in our case is once again indifferent because FF will automatically force itself to our foot as we kick them, No straps needed - you just cant lose them underwater :) but hey that is just my opinion...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom