Mission Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My Friend Sylvia Earle film "Mission Blue" will be showing this August 15, 2014 on Netflix's, Besides her Ruby Red Tan Delta Force Fin the story will change your life if you have not had a chance to meet or hear her "Deepness" all ready. Thank you Vance Scott, KTLA for making the NEWS happen...pass the word...Please. mission-blue.jpghttp://ktla.com/2014/08/14/mission-blue-documentary/ Pete, please help spread the word....Scuba Board can make that change.

Last edited:
A fitting tribute to a passionate scientist and ocean defender. The sadness and despair in her eyes when she surfaced from the dive on the dead reef was as if she lost a loved one. Thanks for passing this link along Bob. And very very thanks for making my tan delta pros and my td extras w/ wiskers.

Lionfish, Thank you. I have know Sylvia for some time, and when I saw that look on her face also, I knew that the pilot has jumped out of the plane and the Stewardess was the first to know and Understand our position. Where can I find a parachute?

I had the privileged to meet and dive with her. What a remarkable lady and a true role model. Because of her, I became aware of the status our oceans and its creatures. Prior, I was totally ignorant! We don't hear about this "stuff" on the news. There is lots of other stuff getting reported daily, but why our reporters turn a blind eye to the dire condition our planet is in is incomprehensible to me. Since then, I learned about the heart wrenching condition involving Albatross' on Midway island (see Watch "TEDxRainier - Chris Jordan - Midway Journey" Video at TEDxTalks) and many other things. All of which has made me change the way I live. Thanks to Sylvia, my eyes have been opened! Now it is my responsibility to keep them open.

I hope this film is getting a lot of press and viewing! We all need to see it!

P.S.: I putting your first post on some other forums Bob. Hope you don't object.

Thank you Dreamdive, Thank you...Please post we are on the same Team. Love, Bob

Just finished watching. Excellent documentary. I highly recommend it. Bob, when and how did you meet Sylvia Earle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom