force fin and force fin pro differences ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedgehog47

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I understand the pro is stiffer and more responsive. What affect will this having during use ? I know I should know, but I don't.

Most of the difference is how hard you kick normally. With the Pros I find they match my normal kicking force while with the Originals, I can "over-kick" them easily. Now, if I am snorkeling, the Standards work better because I use a softer kick to move slowly. My wife prefers to dive the Originals since she uses a more rapid less forceful kicks than I do - I tend to use fewer but more forceful kicks.

Which one will give the most efficiency pretty much depends on your kicking style.

I feel like the standards will be too flexible for scuba. I haven't tried them with gear on yet. but I dont know the pros propel me like a madman in the pool regardless of what time of movement I do. I even tried swimming like a snake and I couldn't beleive how fast I was moving

Do all fins that have the raised force fin logo on them, are they the pro model? Other than the heel strap tag, is there another way to tell the difference between the PRO and the regular version ? ( assuming I can't see the flex"

is there any chance you would like to give me yours so I don't have to buy any. :)

I was only joking but thank you for the gesture ! I just ordered a pair, will have them by next week ! Let's go diving!

Back
Top Bottom