Questions about sizing, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TBel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Bob,

I was considering getting my son a pair of your fins since he's doing the Divemaster and IDC at Rainbow Reef in Key Largo. I was thinking of the Adjustable Force Fin and had a couple of questions.

1. What size would you recommend if he wears a size 10 shoe and would wear them barefoot or with a size 10 and 12 5mm bootie? The 12 bootie is what we wear with our dry suits.

2. Do you have a "pro" program? I remember a thousand years ago when I was a ski instructor we could buy equipment at a discounted price on the manufacturers "pro" program. I'm sure you can imagine the promotional implications.

3. On a side note, do you think dive centers put pressure on their instructors to use the brands of equipment that they sell?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your advise.

Ted

Thanks Ted, First I would go with the Pro Model with Bungee, and use size XL for booties and use a comfort instep for barefoot. This is what the Military buys. The Adjustable is great, for cold water diving to barefoot warm water, but needs strap adjustment's for sizing. When we first started out we had all sorts of programs, but now it's the hard rock program. If your happy you keep your Force Fins and if not return for a full refund. And on the Third question, I have had every major instruction agency's say some thing misleading to new diving customers coming into stores that do not offer Force Fins. The Dive shop is driven by a 400 percent mark up on fins. Personally, I gave up on the Dive Shops, at one time we had over 900., A few DSVA31.jpg have remained loyal. For example The Dive Shop in Fairfax Virginia sold over $30,000 Force Fins per year. Force Fin did every thing for them, but when the owner John Wall sold the store the new owner dropped the line. We have learned what loyalty means and it comes from over one million Force Fin users..and a few good dealer's and world wide Distributors. Hope this helps. Best, Bob

I've got 10.5 (wide) feet and I use my large original's for pool training with a single instep. I wear the L with a 3 mm bootie with no insteps. I have a pair of pro in XL and I wear the 3 mm bootie with a single instep and a 7 mm bootie with no instep.

My above post was wrong...its the 5 mm boots that work with the XL pros and no instep. I don't have any 7 mm boots. Sorry for the confusion. Now I need to get some pro XXL's for cold water diving.

Back
Top Bottom