Cannot tighten adjustable straps. Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frontiernurse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I bought a pair of adjustable diving Force Fins online without trying them first. I have a medical issue with one foot and have tried literally every other fin and this is my last resort before going finless. The fins look great and the design seems like a great solution to reducing pressure on the bad foot.

However... and this is embarrassing... I cannot for the life of me pull the straps tight enough. I have adjusted the buckles to make the straps as short as possible but the straps are still so loose that the sides barely make contact with my feet. And my feet ain't dainty! womens 9-10 wide. I'm missing something obvious right? Has anyone had this issue? Any advice? Is there somewhere in San Francisco I can take them to get help? If not a dive shop, then a shoe or luggage repair place? As of now my feet fall out so the fins are unusable. What am I missing here? Sorry if this is just me being a dunce. Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much Bob! I know I can return them, but I really like the design and this is the closest thing I've found that may be a solution for me... I really want to make them work if possible!

Jill, I first suggested the Orginial Force fin size xl with comfort instep, and I still do. Your foot is to small for the adjustable model, or you need to purchase a bigger pair of booties.

Thanks all! I did of course try the fins with various thicknesses of booties (3-7mm) and couldn't make them work - the only reason I posted here is because I figured I was missing something super obvious. Anyway, I did as Bob suggested and sent them back. Thanks so much for being flexible about that Bob! Force fins seem great and a cool solution to my specific limitations. I wish there was somewhere local I could try them out. But I'm still hopeful, and I bought a pair of used "vintage" Force Fins (they appear to be the "original" fins) on ebay so I'm hoping those will work. Again, it is nice to have this as an option!

I fly into San Fran next Friday and head to Monterey for diving...I might be able to fit an extra pair of fins in my bag for you to try...but I think mine are all xxl as I use dry suit boots with my fins. I am size 9.5 women's.

Wanna dive next weekend? I will be sfo/sjc for work july 20-23...
Shell

Wow Thanks oregon diver!! I really only need one fin (for the right foot) so if you are able to fit one I'd love to meet you somewhere in SF and try it out! I can't go diving with you but it should be great down there. You can PM me details. Thanks again! Jill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom