Mares Cruise Roller Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubacoastie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought this bag a few months back and I have to say it is the best. I am a cold water Ak diver and it holds all of my gear (BC with weights (34 lbs), Gar bag with mask, snorkel, gloves, hoods, knife, dive slates, ankle weights, etc. Plus dry suit bag with undergarment, Sealife DC 800 pro camera in soft case, and my reg in a soft sided case. I have put this bag to the test hauling it up and down stairs, leaving it in the back of my truck for extended time. Some features that I love are the backpack straps and fin pockets. If you are looking for a bag that will do it all this is a good choice. :D

I agree - I've had mine for about 9 months. Taken it on quite a few trips and it has held up well.

Well, I'd like to hear your opinion after about 25 uses. I have one too, and i'm utterly dissapointed. This bag has quite a poor build quality. After near 25 uses, the upper part came off as the fabric gave away from the seams.
Some parts of this bag are actually made from a very poor material - thin nylon fabric covered with a pvc layer that eventually peels off and then the seams rip it apart.
May I mention that I have never overloadid it, nor carried the weights in it.

ps: I have 10 years old back-packs, bought at the same price, that are still flawless, and this rag broke up just like a bad pair of shoes after half a year.

Last edited:
Well, I'd like to hear your opinion after about 25 uses. I have one too, and i'm utterly dissapointed. This bag has quite a poor build quality. After near 25 uses, the upper part came off as the fabric gave away from the seams.
Some parts of this bag are actually made from a very poor material - thin nylon fabric covered with a pvc layer that eventually peels off and then the seams rip it apart.
May I mention that I have never overloadid it, nor carried the weights in it.

ps: I have 10 years old back-packs, bought at the same price, that are still flawless, and this rag broke up just like a bad pair of shoes after half a year.

Sorry to hear that like I said I have had it awhile now and have not had the problems you mentioned. Talk to the Mares rep in the other forum maybe you could work something out. Good Luck and good diving!

I use this one...the pullout handle does rust with saltwater though, the rest is holding up. Love the side mesh pockets for fins and wet stuff. Been all over the world....

XS Scuba Wheeled Backpack

XS Scuba Wheeled Backpack reviews and discounts, XS Scuba

Dimensions:

* Overall: 30" x 23" x 12"
* Fin Pocket: 29" x 10" x 3"

Price: $200.00

I had one once - I gave up on it (and all other wheeled dive bags) when I discovered that a quarter of my airline check weight limit was just the bag! After a few years it was still functioning but looking fairly tired.

Nowaday I just use a waterproof PCV duffle bag with zip away shoulder straps (like this one) - weighs only 1 kg and doubles as my wet gear bag on the boat.

Cheers,
Rohan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom