XS Scuba Deluxe Mesh Backpack - Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khsjsilver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am basically a resort diver and I usually carry on the boat a mask, fins, booties, full wet suit, camera, towel, room key, etc. I have been searching for a new gear bag. The XS Scuba Deluxe Mesh Backback looks pretty good. Does anyone have any opinions on this bag? Are there any other bags that you recommend?

Thank,

Ken

This is a GREAT bag!!

I bought one four years ago expecting it to last two seasons tops. A hundred plus dives later, it is still going strong. It will definitely fit all gear required for a boat (or other) dive with the exception of bp/w / bcd, drysuit (it will fit a 7mm wetsuit) and cylinders.

Actually, I have yet to run across an XS Scuba product that I didn't like. If I lost this bag I would definitely replace it with the same model.

I don't know about that specific bag, but in style and features it looks very similar to a Tusa bag I've had for years, and it's a great warm water boat bag. (I'd be considering that XS scuba bag if I needed a new one, but I don't think my current one will ever wear out.)

I have the XS scuba bag and also the Armor non-rubberized mesh bag.

I prefer, the Armor bag in terms of features and durability.

I use this bag to transport a jacket BCD, boots, 5 mm full wetsuit, diveskin, hood, fins, and a regulator bag that has a regulator set, 2 masks, snorkel, etc.

The only thing that needs to be improved is the type of toggle that is used on the top drawstring. The button type toggle can let the bag open when it is carried with a full load. You can replace it with one of the sliding wheel types that prevents this problem.

I have one and love it. I carry my buddy and my fins, regulator, mask, wetsuit, boots, hood, snorkel with no problem. But yes with that much stuff it gets real heavy so the drawstring toggle does pull open. Above poster can you post a pic of the sliding wheel toggle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom