Similans Liveaboard - South Siam 3 booked through Sunset Divers Phuket - Anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasassy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at taking this liveaboard and want some feedback from those who have been. Or if not a budget liveaboard you have been on that you like. This one has daily joining by speedboat which fits my schedule better.

I don't know this liveaboard but I did book the Mermaid 2 through Sunset Divers last April. Jamie is a great guy and I think that Sunset Divers only acts as agents for boats that they know to be OK. The Mermaid 2 was a great boat and I had a very good trip with them.

er...Sunrise, not Sunset.

While we are on the subject, can I make it clear that the company calling itself Sunrise Diving, in Patong beach is not anything to do with Sunrise Divers in Karon beach. Lord alone knows why they chose to copy our name, but under Thai law there is very little we can do about it, since the name is not exactly the same (DivING, DivERS).

Oh wow- Jamie I'm sorry!!!!!

scubasassy. Take back what I said - i meant Sunrise Divers. I don't know anything about Sunset Divers!!!!!

On the other hand...as imitation is the highest form of flattery, that should tell you something about how good Sunrise Divers are!

I meant Sunrise Divers, hehe. Looks like we'll be aiming for the South Siam 4 that goes to Richelieu Rock. Hey Jamie, what does the availability for it look like for Sat the 21st of Jan? No worries if you don't respond. I'll just go to the website.
Cheers

scubasassy:
I meant Sunrise Divers, hehe. Looks like we'll be aiming for the South Siam 4 that goes to Richelieu Rock. Hey Jamie, what does the availability for it look like for Sat the 21st of Jan? No worries if you don't respond. I'll just go to the website.
Cheers

We did a live-aboard on the Somboon IV (South Siam Divers) last December. The boat is amazing. Great staff, great food, very nice rooms and common area's and great diving :) Unfortunately we didn't make it all the way up to Richelieu Rock because of the weather (sea was way to choppy) but overall we had a great time!

scubasassy:
Looking at taking this liveaboard and want some feedback from those who have been. Or if not a budget liveaboard you have been on that you like. This one has daily joining by speedboat which fits my schedule better.

My son went on that boat earlier in the year for 2 nights. He also booked through Sunrise Divers in Phuket. He said it was well organised (if a little like a sausage machine), safe and excellent value.

I too have used Sunrise and found them to be excellent.

hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom