India diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know your location or experience level - you might complete Dive Info and Profile - but I'd take my Reg, computer, mask, snorkel and cameras at least.

:cowboy2: don

It's worth taking scuba equipment if you decide to go to The Maldives or Lakshadweep- both places just a short plane ride away.

We choose Vilamendhoo Resort in the Maldives (there's 90 resorts spread out over 1,200 islands- so it's not crowded in the Maldives).

The house reef was fantastic- we dream of heading there again.

http://www.aquasunmaldives.com/vilamendhoo.htm

shep

kneptoon:
I am planning a trip to Goa and Kerala in India. Is it worth taking dive gear? Anyone dive these locales?

In Goa you can go diving. In Kerala you might have to have connections to get out diving, but either way take your snorkel gear. The water there is warm, clear and tropical. Well worth going out of your way to make a few dives.

R..

You can dive in Goa - Barracude has a professional dive outfit there. Kerala has no diving that I know of, but you can go to Lakshadweep, a group of islands off the coast of Kerala. There are 3 dive schools there, one on each island.

All these places also have good quality gear for rent, and at very reasonable prices, so if you just plan to do a dive or to, you may just want to take your computer and leave the rest of the gear behind.

We've had few divers who came diving with us after diving each of these areas - Goa has good fish life, but not very good vis and not too many corals. Lakshadweep is more of a typical dive destination and has a lot more corals and a lot of Olive Ridley turtles.

I'm biased, of course, but I still think the best diving in India is the Andamans, where we are based. But that is going to be too hard for you to get to, if you are going to be in Goa and Kerala. In your shoes, I'd dive Lakshadweep.

Cheers,
Vandit

Welcome to the board. Use the link El Orans gave you, or you could do you own search... There is a lot of information on the board.

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Hello,

Welcome to scuba board

Cheer
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom