Maldives Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mully

Registered
Reaction score
I have booked a liveaboard in the Maldives and want to spend a fews days on one of the islands doing some diving prior to that. I am travelling alone so want to avoid paying for double room and being stranded amounst lots of honeymooners.
Could anyone please offer some advice.

Hi Mully,

If you are traveling alone, the best would be to book a big Resort like Kuredu, Bandos or Paradise where you will find guests from several countries and where you have more chances to find other single travelers.

It will be difficult not to pay for the single supplement, but you can always ask (this will mostly depend on what period you are planning to travel)

Hope this helps.

mully:
I have booked a liveaboard in the Maldives and want to spend a fews days on one of the islands doing some diving prior to that. I am travelling alone so want to avoid paying for double room and being stranded amounst lots of honeymooners.
Could anyone please offer some advice.
There are some resorts which offer reduced single supplements over certain periods but you need to research. I do not know where you are from but major UK tour operators such as Kuoni list them on their website. What you can't avoid wherever you go, however, are the honeymooners and couples.

I stayed at Bandos recently as a single. It is a large resort, many facilities, not overtly a honeymooner's enclave but the downside is lots of kids. The diving was poor, except for one site which was a manta cleaning station.

I would suggest you choose a divers resort such as Vilamendoo, Ellaidoo, Eriyadu, Helengeli, where you are more likely to find single travellers like yourself who are there for the diving.

BTW which liveaboard are you booked on & when?

I am from the UK so will look at Kuoni site.
Sorry that you said about Bandos and the kids but especially about the diving. It was pretty high on my list.

Thanks for the advice I will look at some other islands.

I have booked a week on the Stringray at the beginning of Feb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom