Any Information about diving in Korea.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jazzhong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi !!!

If you want to know any information of scuba diving in Korea, I can help you.

I'm a Korean Instructor and I have many experience of scuba diving in Korea and

any other South East Asia.

Furthermore, If you want to go diving with me, please send me an e-mail.

I'm not a diving shop or resort owner, so don't worry about a commission or service

charges. My e-mail address is jazzhong@naver.com

Hi jazzhong. I dive a lot in Korea too. Nice to see some more representation on the board. There aren't many of us here.

Hi jiveturkey. Good to see you on the board. Yeah... It's boring here.
I visited here last year but not many people joined here.
But it's no problem. If we have a chance, let's dive together.
I saw your blog, maybe you went to Daejin resort with Scuba Green Peace Team.
I saw that team many times at some noth east coast resort.

I'm going to Korea in February for a little over a year. I hope I can get a few dives in while I'm there. When and where are the hot spots of diving there? Do I need a dry suit for the cold water or is it warmer than I think?

Starting to think there are in fact quite a few scubaboard divers based in Korea. Im living in Geoje-do and Ive know of a handful of other divers here, including Happygirl1094 & GatorSeoul.

Ive been diving in Geoje exclusively, and hints on somewhere else to go where the visability is a bit better? How about wreck dive sites?

Thanks,

Well, Jeju is by far the best diving but there are lots of good sites on the South and East coasts. Nam Hae island is the place to see seahorses but you'll only be able to at the end of August when the water warms up substantiallty. Vis can be bad or decent on any of the coasts. I did some dives about 2 hours south of Goje where the vis was great and in the same day did the island and it was terrible. I love diving in the Sukcho area. The water is cold but vis is generally better than down south and the plant life is better. The spring offers the best diving on the east coast before the plankton blooms.

I dive a drysuit all year round but that's just because I do, not because you have to. Most divers use 5mm suits but you'll be chilly in the spring and late fall. I'm never going back to diving wet unless I'm in the tropics. Check out my blog at http://jiveturkeydiver.blogspot.com/. I've only got stuff from the past year and nothing from the south coast, but it'll give you an idea anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom