Pulau Lang Tengah - whale shark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YCW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just came back from Pulau Lang Tengah off the east coast of Malaysia a couple of weeks ago.

Saw a 20 footer whale shark while doing our safety stop during one of the dives (Karang Nibong Laut site). It was my 1st encounter with a whale shark, and it was awesome! That fellow stayed and literally 'played' with us for about 30 minutes. Unbelievable! He will swim away and then kept coming back toward us again and again. Get to tuoch him from head to tail. Man! It was the best feeling in the world! The instructor who dived with me had been diving for ages and this was his first sighting around that area. The best diving experience that I have ever had! BTW, we also saw a guitar shark during that dive. That in itself was great.

Went to Pulau Perhentian after the Lang Tengah trip. Heard that whale sharks were sighted there recently as well.

whoa!!!

Must cross my finger/arm/leg so that fella will stay around to play longer... :) coz I'm heading to Perhentian day after tomorrow...

Been wanting to meet the 'gentle giant' :)

Orca,

According to the divemasters at Pulau Perhentian (Pro Diver's World), 2 whale sharks were sighted within the same day and at about the same time last month. One at Tokong Laut and the other at Pulau Rawa, a small island not far from Perhentian.

Have fun and good luck.

Hi YCW,
How would you compare the diving at Lang Tengah to somewhere like Redang or Perhentian? Any unusual marine critters?

Hello seamonster,

Yellow cow fish, stonefish, lionfish, 3 white eye moray sharing a same dwelling (I think that's interesting), filefish, bat fish, nudibranchs and a lot of hard corals. All characteristic of Lang Tengah diving, quite comparable to Redang and Perhentian, but not as much soft corals though.

At the house reef in front of Square Point resort are a couple of good size resident turtles and black tip sharks. Seen them everytime snorkeling out there! The turtle is quite friendly. If you skin dive close to him, he will let you touch him.

man.... ;-(

I just missed a trip to perhentian... ;-0 missed a chance to see these beautiful Giants... ;-0 ;-0

animian2002 once bubbled...
man.... ;-(

I just missed a trip to perhentian... ;-0 missed a chance to see these beautiful Giants... ;-0 ;-0

no worry animian... you only missed some fun that we have at Long Beach...

we didn't manage to find the gentle giant that everyone hoped for :upset:

maybe will have better luck spotting manta at Aur this month

in any case, will be going to Perhentian again next April/May, if you want you can join us

orca once bubbled...

no worry animian... you only missed some fun that we have at Long Beach...

we didn't manage to find the gentle giant that everyone hoped for :upset:

maybe will have better luck spotting manta at Aur this month

in any case, will be going to Perhentian again next April/May, if you want you can join us

yap.. I have missed the fun too ;-0 bet u guys had a great time there...

It's a pity that u guys didn't get to see the gentle giant ... never mind there will always be a next time :wink:

Hopefully we have luck with the manta at Aur .... manta :bounce:

Next April/May perhentian...sure ... keep me inform. Thks in advance :)

Ppl,

Just met a friend that just came back from Redang island. They encountered a 7m megamouth at Tanjung Tokong, and it lingered around their dive boat for about an hour!! Darn!

narkosis once bubbled...
Ppl,

Just met a friend that just came back from Redang island. They encountered a 7m megamouth at Tanjung Tokong, and it lingered around their dive boat for about an hour!! Darn!

Why am I always at the wrong place ;-0 ;-0 ;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom