Dumaguete?Bohol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw

Contributor
Reaction score
Which one is better?

I plan to dive in Phillipine on Feb.

I can't decide to go Dumaguete or Bohol.

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks.

I will highly recommed Bohol or Moalboal. I had been there several times and I will plan to go again in Feb.
There is less diving shops in Domaguete, the price there is more higher than other place.
You can find the detail in my threat of Bad experience.....
Hope it can be helpful.

I have heard that Atlantis Resort is very expensive, but with good facilities and service.

So we chose El Dorando Resort. Is there any friend been stayed this resort? How about it and its house reef?

Thanks.

A friend recently visited Dumaguete and Atlantis and had glowing reports about both, especially the diving there. He worked in the Philippines for several years as an instructor so I trust his judgement.

The good thing about Dumaguete is you have access to Apo Island as well has the sites off Dumaguete itself. Atlantis sits on a nice black sand beach by itself according to him. He also said that the town has an upmarket, sophisticated night life due to the university located there so there are nice restaurants and bars should you decide to go into town.

I was in Bohol (Alona Beach) in August and thought the diving around Balicasag Island was excellent, we did two dives and saw a big school of barracuda on the first dive and a big school of jacks that spiralled up past us on the second. But I thought the other sites (the walls around Pangalao itself primarily) have good coral cover but not a lot of fish life. I'm not used to diving a lot of walls, and with the viz at 20+ mts I enjoyed hanging a bit off the wall and taking in the immensity of it all.

Alona Beach is very laid back and slow, which may be what you are looking for, and the beach is quite attractive. If you go to Bohol I recommend you dive with Genesis Divers located at Peter's House, ask for Eric Laurel. Peter's House is a cosy little guesthouse that is quite cheap if you are on a budget. If money is not an object then you could stay at Alona Palm next door, a very nice, new resort.

Drew

happybuddha once bubbled...
. If you go to Bohol I recommend you dive with Genesis Divers located at Peter's House, ask for Eric Laurel. Peter's House is a cosy little guesthouse that is quite cheap if you are on a budget.

Drew

Hi there!

i'm planning to do bohol this coming april. do you have an idea how much the accomodation is at peter's house? would you happen to have contact numbers?

thanks in advance for your help.

I was at El Dorado Resort - Dumaguete several times: absolutely recommended. Run by a Swiss guy who also owns the MusicBox in town (nightlife!)
Much better value for money then Atlantis.

I did El Dorado last year; good diving, good value. Apo Island is the main attraction, it's beautiful. They go there a few times each week on the big banca. There is a marine sanctuary south of Dauin that is very nice also, with some big turtles. For the Negros spots they take the small speedboat. The House reef is the downside, it's sparse and the surf is usually up because the prevailing wind is off the water, but night dives there are good with frog fish and octopus around.

Jim

bearteacher.tw:
Which one is better?

I plan to dive in Phillipine on Feb.

I can't decide to go Dumaguete or Bohol.

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks.
dive with us in dumaguete. we have apo island. one of the best diving in the world.

Dumaguete and Bohol are fairly close to by, you can stay in dumaguete, and book a dive safari to bohol and Apo island from there, if you have time, visit siquijor. You have a good chance of seeing the Mandarin fish in this area

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom