Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumaguete?Bohol?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dumaguete?Bohol?

Which one is better?

I plan to dive in Phillipine on Feb.

I can't decide to go Dumaguete or Bohol.

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Thumbs up Is the El Dorado Beach Resort near Dumaguete ...

Is the El Dorado Beach Resort near Dumaguete good?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Bphol

I will highly recommed Bohol or Moalboal. I had been there several times and I will plan to go again in Feb.
    There is less diving shops in Domaguete, the price there is more higher than other place.
    You can find the detail in my threat of Bad experience.....
    Hope it can be helpful.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

thanks

I have heard that Atlantis Resort is very expensive, but with good facilities and service.

So we chose El Dorando Resort. Is there any friend been stayed this resort? How about it and its house reef?

Thanks.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Back in Alabama, miss Hong Kong (still glad to be out of China), heart and dive kit still in the Philippines
    Photos

A friend recently visited Dumaguete and Atlan...

A friend recently visited Dumaguete and Atlantis and had glowing reports about both, especially the diving there. He worked in the Philippines for several years as an instructor so I trust his judgement.

The good thing about Dumaguete is you have access to Apo Island as well has the sites off Dumaguete itself. Atlantis sits on a nice black sand beach by itself according to him. He also said that the town has an upmarket, sophisticated night life due to the university located there so there are nice restaurants and bars should you decide to go into town.

I was in Bohol (Alona Beach) in August and thought the diving around Balicasag Island was excellent, we did two dives and saw a big school of barracuda on the first dive and a big school of jacks that spiralled up past us on the second. But I thought the other sites (the walls around Pangalao itself primarily) have good coral cover but not a lot of fish life. I'm not used to diving a lot of walls, and with the viz at 20+ mts I enjoyed hanging a bit off the wall and taking in the immensity of it all.

Alona Beach is very laid back and slow, which may be what you are looking for, and the beach is quite attractive. If you go to Bohol I recommend you dive with Genesis Divers located at Peter's House, ask for Eric Laurel. Peter's House is a cosy little guesthouse that is quite cheap if you are on a budget. If money is not an object then you could stay at Alona Palm next door, a very nice, new resort.

Drew

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Genesis House

happybuddha once bubbled...
    . If you go to Bohol I recommend you dive with Genesis Divers located at Peter's House, ask for Eric Laurel. Peter's House is a cosy little guesthouse that is quite cheap if you are on a budget.

Drew
    Hi there!

i'm planning to do bohol this coming april. do you have an idea how much the accomodation is at peter's house? would you happen to have contact numbers?

thanks in advance for your help.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

El Dorado

I was at El Dorado Resort - Dumaguete several times: absolutely recommended. Run by a Swiss guy who also owns the MusicBox in town (nightlife!)
    Much better value for money then Atlantis.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

El Dorado

I did El Dorado last year; good diving, good value. Apo Island is the main attraction, it's beautiful. They go there a few times each week on the big banca. There is a marine sanctuary south of Dauin that is very nice also, with some big turtles. For the Negros spots they take the small speedboat. The House reef is the downside, it's sparse and the surf is usually up because the prevailing wind is off the water, but night dives there are good with frog fish and octopus around.

Jim
    Jim

Master Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Duamguete Diving

Quote Originally Posted by bearteacher.tw
    Which one is better?

I plan to dive in Phillipine on Feb.

I can't decide to go Dumaguete or Bohol.

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks.
    dive with us in dumaguete. we have apo island. one of the best diving in the world.

scuba_ventures@yahoo.com

PADI instructor 93431

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Dumaguete and Bohol are fairly close to by, you can stay in dumaguete, and book a dive safari to bohol and Apo island from there, if you have time, visit siquijor. You have a good chance of seeing the Mandarin fish in this area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast