Live aboard from Manila/Batangas (Apo reef)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nilist

New
Reaction score
We are planning a short trip to the Philippines, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a liveaboard that operates from Manila (or Batangas) to Apo Reef?
We only have 5 days, and I really do not want to go to Puerto Galera (again....)

but liveaboards don't go there as a matter of scheduled trips last I knew.:mean:

Hi Nilist,

I did a liveaboard trip to Apo departing from Batangas (Anilao) and then 2 days in Apo and a final days diving in Puerto Galera and Verde Island on the way back in last year. The boats name is Tristar and by all reports it is one of the nicest liveaboards operating in the Philippines. I was veryhappy with the boat / DMs etc.

Here is a link http://www.divetristar.com

March - May they make trips mainly to tubataha - the schedule should change come rainy season, after June, but I'm not sure what the itinerary usually is for that time of year.

good luck!

Joe

still interested in doing a live-aboard to apo reef?

i know a live-aboard operator - explorer fleet. the food is great :)

i can check out their schedule for you. just PM me...

I will heartily recommend Dive Tristar over the explorer any day.

explorer food SUCKS **barf barf** i rode it twice..once to apo reef and once to tubbataha.. apo reef food was freakin raw and disgusting, cold, and they seemed to like serving hotdogs and eggs. tubbataha trip, was a bit better, but my roommate and i both got diarrhea for two and a half days.. i also keep bumping my head on the bathroom ceiling, on B deck, and if you are desperate enough to settle for a room on C deck, warm air blows out of the "airconditioner".... for more explorer reviews check out the bulletin board on www.ocean-views.org

i toured the tristar and it looks like a MUCH MUCH better boat inside and out, and for the same price, too! (dont know about the food though)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom