Tioman Eco Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yen

Reaction score
Has anyone dive with Tioman Eco Divers before?
Thinking of taking my AOW with them. Instructor will be either Michelle or Jeff, each with 3 years of experience, and has taught in Thailand and Bali and now Tioman.

Thanks in advance for any information! :)
Greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

I not sure about the Tioman Eco Divers... but i can recomend you to take the AWO with Steffen Dive Sports in Perhentian Island. :) i just completed my OW overthere and its cool...... My Instructor is Stanley and he is very friendly and experienced... Can be consider..

Anyway, for more detail please check the following URL:

http://www.paradise.com.my

Good Luck :wink:

Sorry, I don't know them but, boy, you are keen. You started diving in February and you are already taking your Advanced OW? Are you in a hurry? I try to encourage divers to do at least 30 dives and wait at least six months before they take their Advanced course. You may have that many dives already so I'm making an assumption that could be wrong. It's good to get a high comfort level in the water before taking the next step. You'll better appreciate what you learn, IMHO. This is even more important when taking the Rescue course or DM course but it applies here too. At any rate, good luck with your course whenever you take it and happy (& SAFE) diving!

No idea about Eco Divers. I would recommend my instruactor. He has more than 15 years experience. If interested, call Aaron Kwok at 019-666-5444. Tell him Pin Onn refer you. I think he has a class at Tioman Scuba Point on the 20 to 22nd. I will be there too for a dive. Join us if u can.

Michael

Why don't you organize with a Singapore dive shop ? There are a few excellent instructors around and you can meet them prior to committing yourself ?

Jon0822 and michael- Thanks for your recommendations. I'll definitely keep them in mind.

zippsy - actually, don't think I'm in a hurry. Only started thinking about taking the AOW very recently after I was certain that I like diving. Although I don't have more than 30 dives, I do feel comfortable in the water. I believe the additional skills taught in the course will make me a more confident diver than I am now. Don't worry, I'm not thinking that far ahead to Rescue!!! & I don't think I will till I've done at least 50 dives!

frogfish - I have a Singapore dive shop in mind with an excellent instructor. But will only go with them if I can't find an equally good dive center in Tioman. Why?
First, the training dive trips with the local dive centers are usually too packed to my liking. I'll prefer to bum around for a day or two more after the course. Second, the price. If I can get the same quality training, I don't see why I should pay more at the local dive shops.

I'll probably do my AOW earliest in July. So, I still have time to find out more before I commit myself to any dive centers.

Thanks again guys/gals for the suggestions and advise! :)

I dived with michelle and jeffrey last year when they worked at dive asia. I did my OW and AOW with them. They were superb. We had an excellent week diving and they were both good instructors

Glad to know they are good instructors.
:)

Hi there...

Actually i just got my OPW dive license in May this year with Steffen's Dive Shop in Perhentian and my instructor was Lars Jensen.

Last weekend i also went to tioman to dive. I did 2 adventure dives (Deep Dive & Night Dive). According to the dive shop there, they say that u can actually do your AOW in stages. If i'm not mistaken a advanced course requires u to do 5 adventure dives and so if u do it in stages its ok. So thats what i did! And boy was the night dive great. Its really something different and the colours below are so much more enhanced with the aid of the torch light. Everything looked so beautiful. I also did a wreck dive....part of my deep dive. Lotsa marine life around the 2 wrecks. I reckon wreck enthusiats should go.

Cheers...=-)

Zippsy once bubbled...
Sorry, I don't know them but, boy, you are keen. You started diving in February and you are already taking your Advanced OW? Are you in a hurry? I try to encourage divers to do at least 30 dives and wait at least six months before they take their Advanced course. You may have that many dives already so I'm making an assumption that could be wrong. It's good to get a high comfort level in the water before taking the next step. You'll better appreciate what you learn, IMHO. This is even more important when taking the Rescue course or DM course but it applies here too. At any rate, good luck with your course whenever you take it and happy (& SAFE) diving!

Zippsy,
I always encourage my students to take AOW right after OW. They get additional 5 dives experience under the supervision of an instructor. Now they have 10 dives experience instead of 5 when they go away. OW dives is more like testing the skills the students learned in the pool. The students don't have much time to practice the skills during those dives. AOW dives, on the other hand, give the student opportunities to do fun dives and practice the skills they have learned under the supervision of instructor. These 5 more fun dives give the student more experience, increase their comfort level, and confidence when they go diving. It is definitely safer for the student to have extra training and experience before they go out own their own.

Safe diving

beach bum:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom