Tioman Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alee

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a newbie in Scubaboard! I just got my PADI license about 2 mths back and last weekend i went to Tioman to continue my Advanced Course.

Anyway, i was just wondering... does anyone know if there are any great dives to do in Tioman? I've been to the Perhentian Islands and i personally think that the soft corals and fish life there is better. However, Tioman Island is pretty near to where i live so can anyone tell me which dive spots i should go in Tioman that boasts a fantastic array of fishes and corals!

Thanks!=-)

Stay there for about 4 days, inquire from any dive center and stick with their schedule. They usually had the whole prgramme planned as to which site to go. Happy diving.

My Favourite dive center is Tioman Dive Center(Old name: Scuba Point, Next to Persona Resort in Kg Tekek)

Michael

Hi Alee,

Me again. You replied to my dive travel survey. Anyway as for your question, the interesting places to dive in Tioman (my opinion) would be Magician's Rock and Tiger Reef. Water clearity is just fantastic and there are many sea fans and fishes wondering around the rocks. However be warned that not many boatmen can locate Magician's rock as it is unmarked and there is a slight undercurrent in both places. You shouldn't have problems if your bouyancy control is good. Happy diving.

P/s-have you been to Pulau Tenggol? It is like a mini Sipadan. Other excellent places would be Pulau Dayang. All excellent water clarity (25-30 meters). Cheers

So where do you think would be a good place for accomodation. I went to Panuba and i thought it was excellent. I even hiked up to monkey beach but the snorkeling around that area wasnt much to shout about. As it was my first time to Tioman i was pretty disappointed as most of the corals were dead or ruined. The ppl on the island told me that coral island was good. What do you guys think???

Cheers.... =-)

Yes it is sad that the Tioman beach area is practically ruined after being visited by divers from all walks of life for so many years. I believe the same thing can be said about Redang too. Talk to anybody about diving in Redang nowdays and you will not draw a very eager response.

Whenever I go diving, amanities are secondary to me as long as there is a place to sleep, with air conditioning and no insects to disturb my sleep. I have always hold Tioman dear in my heart as it was the place I got certified. Kind of like the birth place for my diving. The Red Sea (Jordan side) is another place I hold dear as this is where I took my PBB course under the supervision of a Course Director (CD). Although he was exceptionally strick and detail but it was worth the pain. I can savely say that by bouyancy is now above par when compared to divers having the same number of logged dive as me. The Red Sea has a captivating purpleish blue-red tone when you look into the far end. Marine life are brighter in colour too.

Back
Top Bottom