Pulau Lang Tengah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gno

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from trip to Pulau Lang Tengah (which is between Pulau Redang and Pulau Perhentian of the east coast of Malaysia).

The diving was quite good. Some of the raw pics taken can be viewed at http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/gno70.

The irony of the trip was that we saw more stuff snorkelling at the house reef than the dive sites including but not limited to EAGLE RAY!!!, black tips, turtles, baracuddas etc etc.

The dive centre was quite well run but our only complain was that we had to rig up at the shop and walk fully geared to the boat about 60 metres away. Puuh!!

Accomodation was good and so was the food!!

:D

Gno

Where in Lang Tengah did you stay ? We will be going 2nd week in September & staying in D'coconut Inn Resort. Heard the diving is good in L Tengah esp somewhere called 'The Highway ' ??!!

Dear Chewme,

We stayed at Square Point resort.

I haven't heard of the resort you mentioned. :confused:

The other classier & dearer resort is Blue Coral Resort which has a freshwater pool.

I don't remember a dive site called "The Highway". Maybe it is called something else by different dive operators.

The dive site called "Mini Highway" that I know of is in Pulau Tenggol which has swift currents and fun to dive provided you are ok with currents.

Anyway, vis was quite good, at the best 30m!!

Enjoy your stay!!!

Gno:)

I booked D'coconut after checking it out on the web, hope it looks as good in reality. It's supposed to have its own dive centre.

I hope diving will be good, we were in Tioman in June & it was disapointing. This trip will be the last diving trip for the year, we have to coincide with school holidays & avoid the monsoon season. So let's hope it'll be great !

Thanks for the info.

chewme,

Saw a whale shark 1st week of September at Pulau Lang Tengah (Karang Nibong Laut site) last year. Stay with us for about 30 minutes or so. Good luck!

I agree with Gno. Pulau Lang Tengah has one of the better house reef for the islands off east coast of Malaysia. Try dive or snorkel from Square Point resort and turn the corner to Blue Coral Resort (plaenty of beautiful blue coral in front of the resort, hence the name). Can't miss a couple of resident turtles and reef sharks. From behind Blue Coral resort is only a short walk back to Square Point Resort.

Have fun.

Dear Gno,

I tried to access your photos of Lang Tengah but couldn't access the page. Is it me or the site ?

BTW how did you guys get to Lang Tengah ? What would be the cheapest way ?

Chewme,

I think that the site is currently offline. Maybe you could try later.

Depending on where you are, you could either drive there which would take approximately 8 hours from KL or you could fly Air Asia/MAS to Kuala Terengganu and take a cab to Merang, which is where the jetty is.

If memory serves me right, the entire taxi cab will costs about RM20-RM30 one way and will take about 40 minutes to get to Merang.

Do remember that if you are flying home, you need to take into account the 24 hours no fly time if you plan to dive there.

The cheapest way would of course be to drive but bear in mind the return journey!!! Of course the opportunity to savour durians on the way home to KL is an added incentive to drive!.:)

Hope the aforesaid answers your query.

Gno

Hi Chewme,

How was the stay at D'Coconut? Planning a trip there next month and can't decide whether to stay at D'Coconut or Blue Coral. Is it worth staying at?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom