Liveaboard (Burma or Andaman Islands)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruges00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear all,

last year over the (european) easter break we had a 4d/4n liveaboard in thailand (similans)
it was beautiful
this year i was considering a liveaboard to burma (mergui archipelago? burma banks?)
however i do not find many boats that oeprate that route
most of them go to burma after haing done the similans, dep and arrival from phuket (or khao lak)

my preference would be however to leave and go back to burma, in order to explore a little bit that country during the dry out time

anyone has good suggestions?

i saw that in my ideal period (week of 23/24 March to 30/31 march) there is a liveaboard that does a 5d/6n trip to the andaman islands: the panunee
however, it seems to me that they leave from thailand (once again) and the rates ae not cheap (as from 2,000 eur/pers)

anyonme could advise me whether andamans or b urma are nicer and, in case, suggest me other boats cruising burma seas ?

thanks so much in advance

As far as I know there are no Liveaboards leaving Burma. But there are much cheaper boats (than the Panunee) leaving in Ranong. There is A-One, Aladdin and AIDC. I have done 200 dives in the Mergui Archipelago (only the southern part) and I can definately recommend it. Western Rocky is something special. I think A-One took over the base on MacLeod Island too (beautiful island but the resort is kinda old already).

thanks to both of you (as well as to Marcia, who also tried to help me)

indeed, it seems that most/all boats leave from Thailand and not from Burma

unfortunately, it turned out that this time I really can't make it (I don't have enough time over the Eatedr break)

but this trip definitely remains on my "to do list"

We'll get you there...just let me know when you're ready! I was so looking forward to seeing you both again since we had such a good time on our local dives out of Phuket last year, but oh well... next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom