Idc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeSullivan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a good deal to do IDC. I need a good quality program (quality course director and good job placement). I also need a good price.
I am looking to get a job right after the IDC, and I want to work in a place with great diving, low cost of living, and great night life.

Where in Asia is the best place and deal to do IDC and then work as an instructor, with great diving, low cost of living, and great night life (I am just graduating university 21yrs old).

I am interested in sharks, octopus, cuttlefish, sea kraits, manta rays, nudibranchs, mola mola, whale sharks
I am thinking 1. Indonesia 2.Thailand 3.Philippines

Please Help

I run IDCs in Thailand - Koh Lanta and Koh Phi Phi. Koh Phi Phi has great opportunities for work after the IDC. The diving is also good, with turtles, sharks and rays all around the area...

If you'd like more info, please send me an e-mail on info@go-pro-in-paradise.com

Hey Mike,

Rainbow Divers in Nha Trang, Vietnam has a great IDC program with internship options available. I am currently working as a Divemaster for Rainbow and will be participating in their IDC internship starting in December. I have been diving and training with them for 2 months now, and I have found the level and quality of training outstanding. Also, there are really great opportunities for working as a Divemaster or Instructor in Nha Trang because of the amount of tourists visiting here year-round.

For more information, you can check out Dive Vietnam - Scuba Diving, Rainbow Divers PADI Diving, Underwater Photos - Dive Vietnam with the best! and Pro Dive Vietnam - TEC, Academy, Rainbow Divers PADI Professional DiveCenter, Scuba Diving Nha Trang, Saigon or PM me for more information.

Hi Mike,

In case you are still pondering this question, I have just successfully completed the IDC and IE on Koh Tao with awesome Course Directors Peter Nieuwhof, Guy Corsellis and Patrick Tassin at Davy Jones Locker. The programme was superb. An excerpt of my overall review is as follows:

"In the end, Peter, Guy and Patrick will intentionally over-prepare you for the IE. Why? Because they aren't preparing you to simply pass the IE. They are dedicated to helping you to become a safe, responsible and successful instructor - for your and your future students' benefit. Therefore they train you to the same high level that they would expect to see in any instructor that they themselves would hire. If you want rigorous, standards-centred training, then DJL is the right choice - if you just want to pass the IE, you're barking up the wrong tree."

In addition, Koh Tao is a great place to stay. The crowd is generally young (18~30), the nightlife is good and living costs are low. Plenty of opportunity to stay on and work after the IDC, too. Highly recommended. Search Davy Jones Locker Koh Tao on Google.

Back
Top Bottom