Malaysia vs Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trucha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am trying to decide between the two places. I am a new diver and only have about 20 dives. I have young kids so diving not a pure focus if the trip but I would like to get some in. I would also like some decent snorkeling from the beach. The two options are Bali-Gili and possibly Komodo. Or tioman perhentian langkawi and possibly up into s. Thailand. I am planning for April for about 25 days.

Bali/Komodo diving is much much better than the peninsular Malaysian islands you mention, but it's worth pointing out Komodo can be fairly advanced diving with significant currents. Komodo is also remote and only do-able from liveaboards or dedicated dive resorts so not sure how the family would fit in...

In agreement with Jamesdiving, I don't know much about Malaysia, but with regards to conditions around Komodo and currents Bali would be a better option, (especially if you are still notching your dives up :) much more to do with the family also, great site-seeing and fabulous beaches. I don't think it's the best place for snorkelling from the beach, but there's plenty of boat trips and some can be combined with the diving. Enjoy enjoy

Back
Top Bottom